GI Upset

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sun May 24, 2009 9:30 am

:( Poor Piggy. Hope he continues to get better. Scratches on eyes hurt. I remember getting something under a contact one time and it scratched my cornea. OW! And yes, light bothered me for several weeks.

rshevin

Post   » Tue May 26, 2009 2:15 pm

::sigh:: I'm stuck at work and realized I forgot Piggy's meds this morning. I'm a crap mom. I do think we'll be back at the vet this weekend. It's still really read and owie looking. I was thinking about switching this metacam from evening to morning since light is painful, but if I'm goign to be this forgetful in the am, it isn't worth it (got 4 hours of sleep last night). My poor Pig-a-chunk. :-(

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue May 26, 2009 2:29 pm

Aw, poor Piggy. I'm sorry it's still hurting him. You're not a crap mom! Kishes to the little man.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue May 26, 2009 2:35 pm

Oh, you're not even remotely a crap mom.

Both of my girls got a corneal scratch and they had an eye patch (for I don't remember how long). Too bad that wouldn't work for gp's. They'd probably eat it.

Sending healing vibs Piggy's way.

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 2:39 am

Your not a crap mom! Further, I needed help with a gassy pig, and POOF here was your link. More like a momentarily distracted good mommy to me.

rshevin

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:34 pm

Piggy passed away this afternoon.

I had him at the vet because his foot had suddenly swollen up massively. When they put him under the anesthesia to xray and aspirate the area, he stopped breathing. I love you my sweet, chunky baby boy.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:41 pm

Oh no. I'm so very sorry for your heartbreak. Piggy was a very special and well-loved boy. He will be missed.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:57 pm

OH NO! Oh, rshevin, I am so so so sorry.

Topaz

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:52 pm

Oh rsheven, I'm so sorry. I know how much you loved him. And I'm sure HE knew that as well.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:00 pm

Oh no, I'm sorry.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:18 pm

I'm so sorry Rachael. Did the vet have any idea at all what happened? I feel as though I lost my own with Piggy's passing.

Hugs to you and Smudgie. Rest well sweet Piggy.

rshevin

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:26 pm

He really was a very marvelous little Piggy. He took very good care of me and I can only hope he was happy. He seemed happy.

Bugs Mom, the vet thinks he may have aspirated, but I don't know. He was looking very poorly for no real reason I could tell. His eye was weeping in addition to the swollen foot. I attributed that to not being able to groom himself, but you never know. He also smelled funny. I couldn't tell you how, but I held that baby for many, many hours. I know the smell of him and his poo and his pee and he smelled different yesterday and today. I think he was probably very sick. I know he wasn't a young pig, between 5 and 6 years old. I'm not doing a necropsy. He'll be buried in my parents' yard this afternoon.

Thank you for all your thoughts everyone. It hasn't really sunk in, but maybe in my heart I knew it was coming.