Desperate CL'er want to keep piggies if she can fly w/them

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 9:00 pm

That's awful.

rshevin

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 9:25 pm

They can still travel in the cargo hold. I don't know where she is in CA, but I imagine it's too hot for that now just about everywhere. It's crap and all due to guinea pigs being "rodents." Bah.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 9:27 pm

It sucks! They are adorable. I wish I could help her find a place for them. I'd take them too, because they are cute. I asked permission to show the photo's here!

They kinda look like abby's with the hair sticking out, but not as long. One is the color of Edward, and the other's colors match Alexander, but in a row, from front to back tan, white and black. So cute!

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 9:30 pm

Tell her to call the airline (airtran). They should allow a pig in cabin despite what the website says.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 9:31 pm

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/pe ... 92981.html

Look at them! Her ad says one though, I asked her if there were two!

Thanks Erin!

rshevin

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 9:39 pm

If you get some kind of special permission, it needs to be signed in writing. The last thing that needs to happen is to get turned away at the gate when there are NO options left.

Erin, I'm sorry but I really don't think Airtran allows pigs, or ever has. Where did you hear this?

camende
Supporter 08-09 & 11-13

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 9:48 pm

She could try the new petairways that just started. If they don't go from SD to Philly, then they go from LA to NY.

http://petairways.com/content/where-we-fly

I would tell her to check them out.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 9:54 pm

Here they are, and I think they can go separately because they fight a bit.

Any takers?

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 10:18 pm

So Sad!

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 10:42 pm

I tried to call AirTran, but was on hold for forever. Tell her to tell the airlines that they are seeing eye pigs.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 11:15 pm

Someone I know got around this by having her doctor father write a note saying the pet was a therapy pet and they needed them for their mental health. Not sure if that would work for her.

Did you try Continental? Delta used to allow smaller animals. Grr.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Wed May 27, 2009 11:53 pm

I know that Continental allows rabbits in the cabin. Maybe she could call to double check on pigs.

I also know of a very reputable rescue that uses Continental to fly their animals to qualified forever homes through cargo and they have had great success. The cargo area the animal rides in is temperature controled and is kept seperate from the luggage. I personally think that is a better option than the pigs being homeless if she REALLY wants to keep them. Not all airlines have the same shipping policies, so that is something that has to be checked into throughly, especially if there is going to be a layover.
Here is information regarding their pet policies...
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/co ... cabin.aspx