Show your cage III

Froggieflies

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:08 pm

Cody, I ordered them from the Walmart website. I beleive they had pink too.

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:10 pm

Awesome. I don't think my boys would appreciate pink or purple though. I am very happy with my chrome ones, but I need more! I want to build a base so they are off the ground.

Froggieflies

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:15 pm

I think they had blue as well. But you could always get the pink or purple and tell your boys its to prove to the ladies they are sensitive .

rshevin

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:31 pm

Gemini, we'd all rather see good space than pretty space! You may have an easier time cleaning if you switch those trash bags to something like a shower curtain liner or tarp though.

geminiwave

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:46 pm

yeah. It was just what I had access to at the time. I was so excited to give them a bigger space. I had them in a pet store cage. A VERY large one (For a pet store) but still. :( I know I know...shame

hehehe but anyway it doesn't look terrible does it? I'm hoping it is not too unsightly. Save for the towel but pshhhhhh they'll eat holes through another one if I give them a fresh one.

My girlfriend and my mom are talking aobut cuddle cups and a prettier tent for the lovely couple. For now I'm just trying to get them as nice a space as I can provide.

rshevin

Post   » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:28 am

You know what I just noticed. That U shaped wire around the water bottle goes up considerably higher, near the top. It'll stay much better that way!

and yes, your cage looks fine but where's their hay?

geminiwave

Post   » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:24 pm

Oh there is a hay hopper on the right side of the cage. I guess the picture doesn't show it very well. It isn't the best hopper, but it is fairly effective. The pigs seem to like it.

Are you talking about the big water bottle on the right side?

It won't work higher up. We've tried that a number of times. It worked great in the pet store cage but in the C&C cage its just weird. I don't understand it.

That bottle also leaks if you look at it funny so I'm probably replacing it soon.

rshevin

Post   » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:41 pm

In that case, I'd highly recommend picking up a package of small bungee cords from the automotive section of some place like Target or Walmart. I use them for almost all my water bottles. I'm surprised it doesn't work as I have a similar bottle, but it will leak less if it doesn't rattle around all the time.

Faye

Post   » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:13 pm

Miss Gil is going fleece!!! FINALLY I used up all my shavings! All 10cubic feet of it!!! If you guys have any tips, I'm all ears. Also what should I use for the floor of her "kitchen" I just used newspaper/towels/fleece.

She was VERY excited! burbling and hopping around checkin it all out!

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:19 pm

Oh my gosh. I love your cage. The shelving makes it look so "clean" and I love the brown fleece. I love your wall color too! Pretty!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:21 pm

Oh, I like that you've made it a little challenging and interesting for her. Maybe try one of those fringed curtains that you could put up once and a while that they walk through.

Faye

Post   » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:23 pm

Lynx, I was thinking of that! Once I cut my other set of fleece to size, I'll use that. She would love it. I can't wait to get her a friend. When I move in october to Prince Edward Island, I will get another girl pig. Then she will have someone to play with!