Show your cage III

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:43 pm

How do they get to the top? Did you cut a hole in the coro? Neato. I haven't ever seen a ramp done that way. It seems like it wouldn't take up so much room that way.

Shania_3

Post   » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:01 pm

Kaylee, i dont think 11 inches are too short for a wall. Ive got an approx. 7 inches high wall at one of my cages. Although - i have heard about piggies who have jumped over higher walls than that. You have to find out if your piggies are piggies who want to escape or not. :P

dob65

Post   » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:57 pm

Yes, I did cut a hole in the coro and in the bottom cube. I filed the edges down and covered with a few layers of duck tape around the edges. I then made a little coro wall on one side to keep the carefresh from going down the ramp. I was trying to maximize space due to the split cage issue, so I was really happy with how it came out! The ramp is held in place with zip ties and the bottom of the "kitchen" area has a mattress pad cut to fit. The base lifts out for easy cleaning

I'm in the middle of a total cage clean out so I will take some pics with the piggy's "sans" the wall later today. They basically spend most of the day (when we are home) in a huge playpen on the living room floor, so I'm only slightly hesitant putting them back in without the separator in.

My friend owns a sign shop so he customized the bottom coroplast base with their names, but the cage blanket covers it. It's really cute.

Feylin

Post   » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:24 pm

Here's my cage as it stands now. There's no good way to see the whole thing, but this is the view I have from my living room couch.

Max and Ben share the long low part, separated because Ben is waiting to grow up.

Henry and Oliver (please excuse them) live next to Max, on the lower level of the L. Fred and CJ live above them. This arrangement works out well for everyone, since you can still rumble at other pigs even when you are standing on your back feet.

Edward and Jacob have moved into the top 2 floors of the old bunny condo. (It will convert back quickly if the bunnies new person decides they're not working out.) They share grids with both levels of the L, and are just about coming out of their skins in the excitement of 4 pigs to yell at.

tia2370

Post   » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:37 pm

Feylin, what do the red cards on some of the cages mean?

Feylin

Post   » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:49 pm

Oh, that's when the cage was last cleaned and any meds they're taking. Each cage has it. They're just cardstock left over from holiday card making.

I have them for me during the school year, because my brain forgets and I had them most recently for the petsitter.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:53 pm

Feylin, you ROCK!

Feylin

Post   » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:02 am

For letting my cage take over my dining room? :P

Knhappyface

Post   » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:10 am

Feylin, our "dining room" has also been converted into a pig room/computer room/all the clutter that doesn't fit anywhere else in the house room(like my brother's old cactuses he didn't feel like taking when he moved out).
My mom is now wondering whether we'll ever actually EAT in here.

Feylin

Post   » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:16 am

Hey, don't knock the cacti. I have 9- some of them have been with me for more than 10 years. Cacti are good plant friends to have around.

Knhappyface

Post   » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:19 am

Yeah, they're really cool, but they're battling with the Pig Clutter on the old desk. And I'd much rather have piggy stuff on there than scraping my hand every time I go to grab the treats.
I love the little fuzzy cacti, they're so cute!

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:38 am

Well, actually, YA, and but I meant that for the red card thingy!