Elvis, possibly sick or I'm paranoid

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon May 18, 2009 11:53 am

It's not leaking and doesn't seem warm to the touch. He doesn't like me to touch it though, so it may indeed be tender.

I've made an appointment for the vet to see it. It's very hard to get an appt there, so I figured better to set one up and cancel it later, if need be.

Unfortunately, I can't email it to my new vet. I could send it to my old vet for a general opinion though. She saw it before it was lanced. Thanks for adding it, Lynx.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon May 18, 2009 11:54 am

Often vets are happy to give a quick look-see with healing incisions. My vet calmed my fears with Snowflake's spay incision.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Mon May 18, 2009 4:44 pm

Elvis is giving you the evil eye.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:50 pm

We went in for our regular tooth trim today. His tooth fell out during the exam. It's the overgrown one that had been broken. Now, he's down to 1 normal, healthy incisor. 1 fell out (bottom), 1 stopped growing (bottom) and 1 is overgrown (top).

He's on antibiotics and pain meds. The bleeding was dramatic but stopped pretty quick. The tooth looks awful. Naturally, I kept it, to show you all. We will be doing xrays again, soon.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Ouch, it looks awful :(

I'm sorry Elvis for losing your tooth.

How is he managing food?

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:24 pm

Believe it or not, he's doing pretty good with food. I did tear his lettuce up, into small strips. Other than lettuce, he's not having any trouble. He was eating hay 5 minutes after the tooth fell out! I am gonna give him some CC just to help, I imagine the pellets will hurt his mouth.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:25 pm

That is a nasty tooth. I can add your pics to this thread if you'd like. I imagine he will do alright with the remaining teeth (he better!).

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:34 pm

That'd be great, Lynx. Thanks. You know how I love the reference pictures. You're right, he better!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:13 pm

Thanks!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:30 pm

I don't have any advice just sending good healthy healing thoughts to Elvis. I hope his teeth sort themselves out.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:53 am

Sending good thoughts for handsome Elvis.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:15 am

Sending more good thoughts to Elvis. Maybe some hand picked grass for a special treat.