Guinea Pig Market - formerly Jens Custom Crafts

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:44 pm

Just a little over 1500 sq ft, could use more room for sure!

Actually everyone gets along together. The ferrets and the cats share a room and get along great! The ferrets do go in their cage at night and when I am not home, just in case.

I also have a blockade on this door so that the ferrets can't get out, as they could harm the rabbits and guinea pigs. I just don't even give them the opportunity. I don't think they would, but I don't want to chance it. The cats are able to jump over to get in and out. Also keeps the dogs out of the cat food and litter boxes!

The rabbits have free run of the house and get along just fine with everyone.

The dogs and cats don't bother anyone. Even when I give the rats and guinea pigs floor time nobody bothers them.

Mind you I have to keep constant supervision at all times, and I never let any of the caged animals out unsupervised.

For the most part it is very peaceful here! I have 2 cats that don't get along with the other cats and that is the most of my problems!

zazzified

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:50 pm

Wow! That's impressive. I'm especially impressed that the dogs and cats don't bug the little guys.

No fish?!?! Haha.

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:59 pm

Oops, forgot about the fish! We actually have a 20 gallon freshwater tank and a 55 gallon saltwater tank!

zazzified

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:06 pm

LOL. That's amazing. I want a saltwater tank so bad.

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:17 pm

I love the saltwater tank. We only have the smaller fish in it though because we have corals and most of the larger fish will eat the corals. I really want a puffer fish!

My husband is going to redo the tank within the next week or so, i'll post some pictures of it after that.

zazzified

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:18 pm

Cool, I am excited for pics!

And puffers are awesome.

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:41 am

Jen, your cat huts are awesome! My cats have a square cube that is in constant use so I know they would love your hut. Now I'll just have to wait for them to bring home a paycheck so they can order one. ;)

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:46 am

My cats aren't very happy with me as I have only made them 2, and to top that off the rabbits took over one of them!

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:55 am

I hear you GPF, I keep telling the piggies they have to start pulling their weight and all I get are these stares: "Are you insane lady?"

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:58 am

Ha! Good luck on that one. I keep my pigs happy for fear they will assault me if I don't.

The rabbits try to trip me if I feed the other animals before them. So now I know that I have to make sure they get fed first, or else!

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:59 am

Ha ha Jen, the part about the rabbits is hillarious :)

I am afraid for my life when I'm late with dinner for my gang.

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:52 am

Jen, which of your prints are cotton (vs. flannel) or is the flannel also cotton? Meaning, for the cat hut what are the fabric choices?