Mr. Piggy Hooting

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:35 pm

Lots of good vibes being sent to Mr. Piggy.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:51 pm

Same here!!! Sending healing vibes too!

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:25 pm

So, we are starting with some Lasix. She's calling it in to the pharmacy. At the end of the week we will start Enalipril (sp?) or the generic thereof. I'm hoping I will be able to get him off of the Lasix at that point but we'll see.

He may be only 6 1/2. I feel like I've had him for 3 years but maybe it's only 2. I'll need to go back and look on his placement thread. Still...he's gettin' up there!

Sidera17

Post   » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:38 am

Good luck STF. I hope it helps. Let us know how it goes. If it turns out that it helps Mr. Piggy, I'll have to try the same thing for Spike.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:47 pm

Ok, I just picked up his furosemide from the pharmacy. Before I open it and give him a dose I need some experts to weigh in here.

The bottle is Furosemide Oral Solution 10mg/ml. I am to give him .2 mls every 12 hrs. What concerns me the most is it says it contains 11.6% alcohol. Is this the med I should be giving him?

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:21 pm

I was just reading up on my George's thread and it seems the stuff I have is the orange "yucky" stuff. Damn. Should I try it? I wonder if they'd take it back since I've left the store with it? I have not opened it.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:36 pm

Legally I don't think they can.

I think the orange yucky stuff is standard. I'm pretty sure that's what we had for Bonita and Toby. They seemed unfazed by the 11.6% alcohol, but see what others say first.

Or: call down there right quick, someone may still be there??

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Too late. They close at 8:00

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:09 pm

The alcohol won't affect him. The LB had the same stuff with no ill effects.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Well, he's been on the Lasix for a week now. OMG, he's a different pig already! He is living in a cage below Murphy and Marleau. It's on the floor but I had the front open, just coroplast about 5-6" high. The bugger has been climbing out of his cage! This was the same pig that, last week, had to lay down to eat his pellets!

So, I put the rainbow grid in front of the coro which added about 2 more inches to the height. I was clipping other pigs nails, sitting on the floor in front of his cage and little Mr. NoseyPants climbed over that too!

I can't imagine what he's gonna be like once we start benazepril. I'll have build Fort Knox to keep him in! BTW, the vet is calling in the rx tonight so I should have that for him soon. Then we will begin to try and wean him off of Lasix.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Very good news! Yay for Mr. Piggy. :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:00 pm

How cool! Good news indeed! I hope the heart meds do the trick for him!