Shoud I or shouldn't I (himi alert)?

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:45 am

I love his smile too!

AnnSF
Supporter 2010 - 2011

Post   » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:37 am

Thanks guys for all your kind words and eeks.
The pictues are actually not taken by me. When I answered the add I asked if I could have some pictures to see how the piggie looked like.
What I got was theese and I nearly fainted when I had a look :)
Money and time is fortunatelly not an issue. Mister piggy (he dosen't have a name poor guy) is 2 hours away, but that is doable too.
I think I can extend the cage to a 4x5 which would meen that I could section off an appropriate sized cage alongside for the new piggy if things wouldn't work out.
My main worry is the kitchenareas. If you look at the picture of the cage you can see that a piggy actually could get trapped by another with just one ramp going down.
And with this setting there is only two haybins, something I would need to change.
The pigglos are already gone and there is nowadays a lot of other kind of hidies that you always can escape from.

regards
Ann

GuineaPinny

Post   » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:46 am

What a great cage! I really think you should get him. He sounds like a rescue too.

Winnie the Pooh

Post   » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:07 pm

That himi definitely needs to come home with you! He will be living in luxury! :)

It is good that you have extra room just in case the pigs don't get along at first.

AnnSF
Supporter 2010 - 2011

Post   » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:22 am

I have decided to get him. He will be comming home sometimes next week.
I'm both happy and anxious at the same time :)
He will be quarantined in my old 120cm x 50cm petstore cage.

How have you with both young and adult guineas done with the alfalfa. My current pigs get Oxbows cavy cusine, not much per day though since Racers stone problems.

Regards
Ann

Fourboys4now

Post   » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:49 am

I'm so excited you're getting him. He is quite stunning in the looks department. I can't wait for you to post his pictures often. *hint, hint*

Sidera17

Post   » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:27 am

I'm so glad you're adopting him!
Psst.... we need pics! :D

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:06 am

He is a really cute little guy. I hope we can see more pictures soon.

clairey

Post   » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:56 pm

He's beautiful, AnnSF.

I can't wait to hear how they all get along as what you're doing is what I'd like to do next year when my existing boys have grown up enough.

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:44 pm

He's really cute!

I've, personally, put the young guy onto Cavy Cuisine only. Then, I've taken out the young guy for one-on-one time with mommy and made sure that he gets some extra food, hay, veggies to compensate for the less rich pellets.

my3pigs

Post   » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:08 pm

very cute, have fun with your exspanding family.

DaCourt

Post   » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:49 pm

I had a cage set up almost exactly like yours. I never had a problem with pigs trapping each other.