WindeSpirit.com-Original Cage Blankets-Igloos-Tunnels-&

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:29 pm

The shirt is beautiful!

mmercedesmom
Supporter in '09

Post   » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:41 pm

Yes, the shirts are beautiful! They are for special events where a more tailored appearance is needed. Thanks Windespirit! I was with Fenella when she opened the box and they are great. I am not sure if Cavy Castle has seen them yet?

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:23 am

Wow, you did that WS? Very nice! :)

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:40 am

Aww, I'm blushing you guys :-)
You are very welcome mmercedesmom. Actually Cavy Castle got to see first, on the web anyhow. She contacted me about it. I'm glad you like though!

GPF, I thought you knew about me doing embroidery! I'm pretty sure you got to see first hand a large blanket, yes? I seem to recall someone wondering who was being called spoiled to. Very shortly I'll be offering Appliqués to.

I still have yet to master the coloring in of areas when I digitize a picture so I don't digitized that just yet, but I've got the outlining down pretty good and do freehand coloring after the outline is on. Anyhow, the freehand work looks way better and closer to an actual picture when there is hair or fur. And freehand embroidery I absolutely LOVE to do!
Here's a picture from one I did for a GL auction.
Compare it to this purchased design.
Image Sorry for the small picture, but if you can see the thread direction, it's all wrong! Ear could of been done better and the feet... quack.It is good for a cartoon look.

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:18 am

I have seen it and it looks wonderful!! You do such good work! Thank you!!

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:29 am

You are very kind, Thank you CC!

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:43 am

GPF, I thought you knew about me doing embroidery! I'm pretty sure you got to see first hand a large blanket, yes?
Yes, and also you sent a little surprise: a pad for Jasmine that was embroidered. :)

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:47 am

I also love your shirt. Your embrodery is fantastic. For all the years Lady Bug had her pad with the ladybug on it she never damaged it. It went through hundreds of washings and stayed perfect!

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Special little piggies Jasmine and Lady Bug. :) I bet their both up there lounging around in the grass enjoying the sunshine.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Ling Ling has a special pad with her name on it as well. It's her favorite pad and has held up to many washings.

Beautiful embroidery!

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:06 pm

Oh! I didn't know you did embroidery. I have had several people ask, and I definitely can not do that.

I will pass the info along!

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:40 am

Can I also just say that the idea of having the bendable supports in your "piggy pockets" was genious? That is such a great feature. Mine always end up getting squashed by rude boys.

You come up with some great ideas!