GI Upset

happyhoppy

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:28 pm

Oh no rshevin!!! I'm so sorry, I have no words.
He was very much loved. (((Hugs)))

GP Estates
Supporter in '08

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:46 pm

I am so sorry rshevin, how terrible to lose him and especially with no warning. I'll be thinking of you and of Smudgie....

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:59 pm

I am so very sorry, rshevin.

My best guess: kidney decline, then acute heart compromise. I seriously doubt he aspirated anything ... it's possible, but the foot swelling sounds more to me like an immediate heart problem.

Both of these come with age and there is absolutely nothing you could have done ... except what you did. Hold him, and let him know he is loved.

khb1582

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:23 pm

So sorry rshevin!

Katrina
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:04 pm

I'm so sorry rshevin.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:45 pm

Oh, I am so very sorry, rshevin. He was such a great little pig.

Lovemypig

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:49 pm

I am so sorry to hear this.

tashab

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Sorry :(

rshevin

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:26 pm

You're all very, very kind to me. I appreciate it very much.

My other pig, Smudgie, seems ok. I did a short goodbye. Do any of you have recommendations for when I should clean the cage? I plan on leaving it full size for him. He deserves it.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:32 pm

I always do my cage cleanings after a death as soon as I can. More for me, not the other pig(s). I don't know why, but it seems to help bring closure, whether I expected the death or not.

Usually I rearrange the cages, but with only one, you might just want to rearrange the stuff in it. Again, what I do is more for my own acceptance of what happened. Smudgie will let you know if he's sad. Give him extra scritches from us.

Knhappyface

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Oh no. I'm so, so sorry. Piggy was so special. Maybe it was a blessing that he passed away peacefully and his suffering didn't drag on.

Brenda B

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:58 pm

I am so very sorry.