WindeSpirit.com-Original Cage Blankets-Igloos-Tunnels-&

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:55 pm

Ling Ling, pretty little girl, I know you'd love to come to aunt Becky, and that lovely hunk of a man Otto! You sure have tasted in your men. :)

Thanks Momof3! I always liked having the easier walk in access, and it's so much easier to see them to and get air flow in, I'm a worry wart about overheating. I remember stumbling across that flexible support after making rolled supports for a year and trying to make them tight enough rolls to stay open. I got a lot of hand cramps back then from doing so many and was so happy to of found this one. And it's so universal for other things. I still get the occasional request for the rolled supports or no supports, which I'm still happy to do.
I did actually stop making the bendable supported ones a year or so ago, it's just the flexible ones now, much better I think.

Boys, rude? Naw, playful with twinkling devilish eyes and grins!
Thank you! I love to be creative and design things. Seeing the faces and hearing the stories just makes it all worth it. :)

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:22 am

Ok, ok, I promised these would be out soon and promises have to be kept :) Pumpkin Houses are back, and this time with a half size option!
I think the ferrets and sugar gliders might have competition for these now, hehe.

ImageFull Size

ImageHalf Size
Details on these are on the Pumpkin and Specialty Houses page

Both are available right now and 2 more with Halloween prints. I'm sure I can always pick up some more prints if anyone is inclined to something else :). I have another print that I think will look great for a neat pumpkin patch look.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:58 am

A couple questions on the hay hammocks.

1)Does it hold the hay pretty well when being nose/head bumped?

2)How well does it withstand chewing? Bubba is our resident taste tester and loves to chew all new items in the cage.

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:08 am

Those are so neat! I can tell you put a lot of time and care into those houses. Perfect for halloween!

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:09 am

CUTE!! If I had money, I'd get the patchwork pumpkin! Great idea WS!

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:12 am

I am saving up for the hay hammocks :) We are going to outfit all of our cages with them! I am so excited!

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:51 pm

GuineaPiggin
1 - The hay is held well in the hammocks. Any bumping from heads, noses, and backs does not cause any problems. It may shift some of the small pieces to fall out though, which is to be expected.

2 - I admit, I have tried to get my taste tester to chew on these but to my dismay, I can not get her to! The hay beats fabric for eating I guess and she had no interest in it before hay was place in. Since these are made out of cotton, if any chewing did happen, an iron on patch (cut to size) would be easy to do.

Got your e-mail Momof3, sounds like I better get started!

CavyCastle, you do work with a rescue. Maybe a foster would like to be a to be spokes piggie for us?

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:47 pm

CavyCastle works with Wee Companions! She's great!

Brenda B

Post   » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:17 am

I vote for Bandit and Silverado as spokes piggies. You have to read their story! Maybe someone can link it....

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:08 pm

Oh that's a great idea Brenda! I've been trying to keep up with Bandit and Silverado's story as well, they both pull at strings *sigh*sniff* :.)

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:43 pm

Oooo...that gorgeous white fur against that patchwork fabric would be pretty striking!

Or, our nanny with all of the orphaned pups spilling out (Random Guinea Photos)? That would be cute too!

Ah, how you tempt me. :)

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:18 pm

CavyCastle,
Would this be tempting enough for some furry white boys?

Or maybe this for some little wee ones?

*Grins*