Show your cage III

bafa

Post   » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:35 pm

Everyone has such cool cages!!! I wish my piggers could live in such castles!! xD

Just a question.. do you guys change the fleece every day? How often do you change it?

1/3 of my 2 guinea pigs cage is carefresh and the other 2/3 is old beach towels and face clothes. They pee SO MUCH. How do you guys keep up with it? ^^;

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:41 pm

I change it once a week. The fleece on top of old towels really does the trick, and it smells a lot better than wood chips. I also think its easier to clean than carefresh. Also the added space helps make it easier to clean and less smelly by spreading it all out, although I will admit mine is big even for two spoiled male piggies.

Just wash the fleece 3 times with an unscented detergant without any fabric softener. Then put over the towels and you're good to go. I usually wash the towels with the fleece too, for at least one load. What you're doing is breaking down the water barrier on the fleece so the urine can soak through to the towels underneath.

pigsforlife3

Post   » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:55 pm

I would definitely put some fleece on top of the towels. I was using just towels for awhile and was having to change them twice a day. With fleece on top I only change it once a week.

bafa

Post   » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:33 pm

Thanks guys! Good to know! :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:53 pm

The larger the cage, the less it should smell. If it is small, things will need cleaning more often.

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:46 am

The girls newly expanded cage

BuddyMommy

Post   » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:56 am

How's everybody getting along Quinc-Emma?

Feylin

Post   » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:01 am

Nice! a little sleeping area for the girls. :)

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:04 am

They are doing great! Way better then I thought they we're going to.

Kirby is suspected to be around 3 and has never been with another guinea pig, and Quincee is major bossy so it's a miracle they are doing so good!

Emma at one point wanted a relationship with Kirby but the fun in that has died down I think.. Haha

lissie

Post   » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:27 am

Wow! That's for 3 pigs? Is looks great and so spacious. I wish I have room for a huge cage.

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:39 am

Are you saying I could get another one Lissie.... Hmmmm...

Ha!

I originally had a 2x4 for 2 pigs, brought home a third one and it seemed so small. So I expanded. Now it's perfect. They seem to love it.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:38 pm

QE that cage looks great and I am so glad they are all getting along. Such a cute picture.