Surgery Today, Need Good Thoughts - Bleeding/Pyometra

KenziesCavies

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:19 pm

Thank you, I have read the post op page as well as the handfeeding page. I have a syringe and I have a scale that we use to weigh the girls. If the vet doesn't have Critical Care should I just puree pellets and veggies?

zazzified

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:20 pm

Yep!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:21 pm

Making your own pellet mash is good.

Critical Care is very finely ground, so some people find it easier to use.

KenziesCavies

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:42 pm

It sounds like I'm all set then, just need the baby home. I haven't heard yet and I'm just starting to become a bit concerned. It's been about an hour and 20 min. since she should have gone in. Hopefully, I'll hear soon.

Thanks again for the support, It means alot. Not many people understand.

zazzified

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:44 pm

They will probably wait for a little bit so that they can call you once she's waking up and moving a little. That's what they did with Jeeves. I wouldn't worry just yet!

KenziesCavies

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:08 pm

She's doing good! I am so relieved. The dr. said that one ovary horn had a little mass and the other one had a large one, 2 cm x 6 cm filled with blood and puss. My poor girl. She took pictures and said she would show me what it looked like. She is going to keep her tonight but we are going to go see her in a bit.

egustavson

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:15 pm

I'm glad to hear her surgery is over an was successful. Keep us posted.

Fourboys4now

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:12 pm

I'm glad she made it through the surgery okay. I hope she is able to rest well and make a full recovery. *hugs*

zazzified

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:49 pm

Glad she made it through! Make sure the vet will be force feeding all night long.

KenziesCavies

Post   » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:05 am

We went to see her last night. They do have Critical Care and they were feeding her that. She did really well and I have pictures of her uterus, there were cysts on her ovaries but there was also pyometra and that is what the 2cm x 6cm mass was. Her uterus weighed 44 grams. Unbelievable that she had to go through that. I'm on my way now to pick her up.

I can post the pictures of her uterus if anyone is interested. I would like permission first in case I shouldn't post something like that. It's not very gory at all, but it is very interesting to see.

zazzified

Post   » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:16 am

Wow! I'm glad she's doing well. The period right after surgery is so critical, so it's great that they're getting food in her.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:30 am

Sending more good thoughts for Sprinkle! It is wonderful that she had a good night.

Please feel free to post your pictures of her uterus.