Surgery Today, Need Good Thoughts - Bleeding/Pyometra

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:09 am

Sending more good thoughts for pretty Sprinkle, and I hope she continues to do well.

Kermie831

Post   » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:06 am

Kisses for Sprinkle! What a pretty lady she is! Thank you for taking such wonderful care of her!

KenziesCavies

Post   » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:02 am

Lynx, yes please put whatever you think would be helpful. If at all possible perhaps change the title to have bleeding and / or pyometra in it. Whatever you can do and think would be best.

Thanks for all the good wishes and the compliments on our pretty girl, we agree. She is such a love bug and a real trooper.

Yesterday I thought everything was fine because her poops, while small, were formed perfectly and were pellet like. Not at all soft or smooshy if she stepped on them. Today I woke up and there is a bunch of smooshy poop again. She goes back to the dr. tomorrow for a post-op checkup. I may call later today if it stays soft.

The really good news is that she has really been putting on the weight consistently. She has gone from 904 grams on Sunday to 958 grams yesterday. 54 grams in 3 days is pretty impressive, I think.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:30 am

Thanks. I cropped and compressed the two med pics and added them permanently to the thread. Glad to hear she is doing well - and it's great she is putting on some weight!

KenziesCavies

Post   » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:45 am

Thank you so much Lynx!

Brenda B

Post   » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:28 pm

Scritches to Sprinkle! Poor wee wittle one!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:06 pm

"It was a long night because I just couldn't sleep, I was afraid she would go downhill if I went to sleep. Kept giving her the Critical Care, much to her dismay."

Bear in mind that as awful as this was for you, this was vital for her. You may very well have saved her life right there.

Cavies are intended to graze continuously, not eat "meals". Being able to get food into her every couple of hours makes an enormous difference.

Glad to hear she's doing well.

The soft droppings I would bet are being caused by the Baytril (enrofloxacin).

PiggieMamaKelly

Post   » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:48 am

These animals are so good at hiding things in that little body. I had a pig who had had a golfball sized tumor in uterus that showed almost no signs.

Glad everything worked out well for you guys.

Sprinkle is such a cute pig!