Three boars, one cage.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:06 pm

I'm so sorry, NoCableisSafe. This is never an easy decision.

clairey

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:14 pm

Oh I'm so sorry NoCableIsSafe. I'm sending healthy vibes to everyone else.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:18 pm

It was a decision which took about an hour to make after I'd come back from the vet. An hour of calls to the owners mother, who called the owner who is on holiday in China. I feel so, so, so bad for her -- the poor girl is on holiday and had to be woken at 1am to be told her boy was seriously ill.

:(

Thank you for the healthy vibes. The poor guys will be thinking that I don't love them anymore since Patches was in quarantine and needed a lot of care. I'm going to go smush them in a moment.

clairey

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:21 pm

I'm sure she would have preferred to be with him, but at least his mummy knows you did absolutely everything she would have done for him.

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:55 am

Guineas make wonderful sob pillows and comfort lumps! Be at peace Patches. Poor sweetie and mommy and foster mommy!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:52 pm

oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. RIP Patches!

Sidera17

Post   » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:42 pm

Oh poor Patches! :(

How is Koda going to take it?

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:00 pm

First thank you all for your kind words. Thankfully nobody seems to have dropped any weight after Patches left us, however, I did take a chance and turn "three boars, one cage" into "four boars,one cage"m

I took a chance following Patches death, since many fights were over him and Squeeky didn't seem fine alone...

It went well, and better once Squeeky let Cashew hump his face.

Today their owner came over and we chatted piggie for hours over tea and the boys cage. Squeeky is to receive 'manly cosmic surgerey' on his manparts so he can live with two girlie pigs back home. Until then, he is living the last of his whole manly days here where my boys will hopefully teach him the manners he needs to know to keep his wives happy.

A note: my laptop has broken so updates will be sparing and pictureless until I can get it fixed. Thank god its a laptop and not anopther broken piggie!

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:17 pm

Ah, face humpings. Rather like hazing. :)

That's good news (about the 4 boys not the computer)! I guess we will just have to wait...patiently...with all of our wills....sigh. Is it fixed yet? hehehe

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:39 pm

Believe me, I'm the same! My life and uni work is on that thing! And don't start me on my picture dump!

clairey

Post   » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:50 pm

Lucky Squeeky. He gets training in boarly manners then a harem. Perfect piggy life. He's a lucky boy. Face humping seems to be an essential facet in determination of luggage status, I've found.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:22 pm

Sorry to read about Patches, never an easy situation when it's someone else's piggy involved. Glad to hear Squeeky seems to be working out and has a new 'family' waiting for him though. :·)

I also have a Thistle Cavies matching cuddle cup and sleep sack, with sheep!

Bummer about the laptop, fingers crossed it's a quick fix. :·)