Confessions of a Cavy Slave

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:17 pm

Such a cute story.

Jenone

Post   » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:45 am

This is great. Rest in peace Chestnut and Dusty.

Spike - I'm looking forward to reading much more about you.

I love that last pic with him on the towel looking all -well- Spiky :)

chataignon

Post   » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:14 pm

I love the picture where you added the pumpkin leaves and stem, I had to laugh! Great story, I can't wait to hear more about Spike. He sounds like a funny guy. His fur makes him so cute.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:58 pm

I love the way you add uh.. eh.... content to the pictures! :)
Thanks for sharing.

Sidera17

Post   » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:22 am

Thanks everyone! Spike can be quite the handful. Momo, I'm glad you like my "mad photobucket skills." : ) There will be more of them until I figure out how to actually edit the pictures.

Sidera17

Post   » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:57 pm

Chapter 3: Alphas

Warning: This chapter is rated PG 13 for boarliness. Continue on at your own risk. : )

It all began one sunny summer morning. Spike had been living with my family for a few weeks, and had begun to calm down. It was quiet, warm, and all was well in the world. I decided to relax on the couch across from his cage and watch him for a while.

No sooner had I sat down than Spike began to behave strangely. Alarmed, I watched with increasing worry: Was he sick? Is that what they do when they’re impacted? After a few moments, he stopped and resumed his normal behavior, leaving me puzzled.

Then it hit me.

Adolescence had begun.

In the following weeks Spike became braver, and his boarliness emerged. He always had to get his way. He would squeak for food, only to reject it if it wasn’t the type of vegetable he wanted! If something was in his way, he would headbutt it, whether it was a person, another pig, or a piece of furniture. He also loved to climb and perch on our shoulders, as if to be on “our level.”

Not only was I repeatedly heatbutted and nibbled on, but one time Spike climbed into my robe, headbutted me until I took it off, and promptly fell asleep inside the sleeve! Another time, I found him repeatedly headbutting the stand for his cage!

Spike didn’t have other piggies around to express his newfound boarliness to, so he turned to the next best thing: his slaves!! What ensued was a dominance struggle between Spike and my male friends. Being the sort of characters they are, my male friends took it upon themselves to compete with him, none moreso than Uncle Tom.

My friends were headbutted, bitten, snorted at, and chased until they learned their place.

All of the boarly competition culminated in the boarstanking of my friend’s neck. The poor soul shall remain anonymous due to the traumatic nature of the stank. Now, he belongs to Spike.

As much as he competed with the guys, Spike was a fan of the ladies! He would act inquisitive and cuddly in their presence. They were instantly charmed.

Despite his boarly behavior, deep down, Spike was a momma’s boy. (Don’t tell him I told you!) If something went wrong, or he was afraid during floor time, my tough guy would sit on the floor and wheek until Momma came and sat with him.

Then, he would hop into my lap and bite my clothes to remind me who’s boss. Like a good slave, I didn’t mind.

Next time……
The Momma plays nurse! And when it comes to bedding, terrycloth towels are a no-no!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:29 pm

I love the first and last pictures of Spike. He's just adorable.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:36 am

He sounds like quite the charmer :)

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:13 am

I love the fact that your friends entered into competition with Spike!

Tell on....

Sidera17

Post   » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:23 am

He's only charming until he starts headbutting and snorting at you.... *lol*

CavyCastle- It confirmed what I always believed: my guinea pig is more secure in his masculinity than my guy friends. x_x()()

clairey

Post   » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:54 am

That last picture is gorgeous. He looks so confident and happy that he has the humans trained.

chataignon

Post   » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Hahaha, I love Spike! Isn't it hilarious when you get headbutted by a piggie?