Show your cage III

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:20 am

MO3, where can I see a picture of your whole cage set up? I saw the picture of all of your pigs in their huts, but I don't think I have seen the whole cage.

I love Lenny and Edward's bachelor pad!

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:43 am

This is 4 of the cages. The upper level has a 2x5 & a 2x4 that make the "L" shape.

Below on the first level is the same thing. husband built this wonderful frame for the cages.

These are the other 2 cages, a 3x5 & a 3&6. Also on a wood frame that husband built up off of the ground.

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:28 am

Wow, I do remember seeing that. Thanks for posting it though!

cabaya

Post   » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:18 pm

I found some coroplast and changed my pigs cages a little.
This is Charlie and Elise's cage.
And here is the fosters' cage. (For now, Wiiman and Puffball)

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:17 pm

NGM- have you had any issues with keeping your hay in a plastic container? Your cage is so neat and organized. I need to organize! Everything just kinda gets put where ever under my cage. :)

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:38 pm

I'm pretty organized as far as my pigs, anyway. hehehe. I love my new set up. I have also had NO problems at all with the hay in my coroplast silo! ;)

Thank you for the compliments!

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:49 pm

I was talking about the bin under the cage with hay in it. It's all neat and I have mine in a plain old box beside my cage. I was just curious if you had any issues with moisture?

cabaya

Post   » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:30 pm

I keep mine in a rubbermaid bin next to the cage and it is always fine. (Of course I don't have a lid on it.)

Hunybee

Post   » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:31 pm

Wow, these cages are great! I've seen some great Ideas I can use for the cage I have now. Eventually I would love to have one of these neat organized cages.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:53 pm

Oh. NGM has brain damage!

No, I have no problems with moisture at all. It's as dry as can be. :o)

Hunybee

Post   » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:04 pm

Ok, we've joined the C&C bunch. I got the grids off craigslist and yes they are the 9 square grids. 22 grids plus 20 connectors for 10 bucks. Couldn't pass that up.
Any, we bought a new water bottle this week and it drips nonstop. So the cage wasn't smelling too fresh when I got home. Decided tonight was as good as any to make the switch, even if it might be temporary.
Here is the 30x30, thought it was 36x36. We had to move the lower shelf to get the boys out.

Here's the new temporary version. It's setting on an old kitchen table that just collects stuff. The dogs sleep underneath it. Its temporary because its too close to the patio door.

Hunybee

Post   » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:08 pm

I have a friend who has sheets and sheets of coroplast. He's going to give me whatever I need and help me cut it to size.
Here's Jasper, he loves the fleece so much he had to lay down before he could even explore. Image

Nikka hid in the hut, but Jasper popped everywhere and sniffed everything and kept laying down.

Here you can see his feet, 1 cream and 1 black. Back feet are opposite. Image