Show your cage III

Charzard03

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:04 pm

ooh what beautiful fur you have mr nikka!
Lol we have those log things but my specks pig is so big he walks in and then ends up getting it stuck on his back and walks around with it on his back like a snail xD

Hunybee

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:09 pm

lol, That happened with Nikka and one of those "edible logs" This one was more for gerbils or mice. He crawled in and it stayed on his back. He looked like a turtle walking around with that.

BuddyMommy

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:20 pm

Buddy and Foo's cage over the monthes...

cage 1

cage 2

cage 3

cage 4

cage 5

I really like cage 3 and 5. I'm also thinking of adding a 1x2 hay loft to give them something new.

GuineaPinny

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:24 pm

I'm in love with Jasper, Hunybee.

Hunybee

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:48 pm

Actually Guinea, Jasper used to be my bad pig and a big cry baby. Since Friday, he's been a different pig. That's when we switched cages. I've had one on one conversations with him now that he's happier. I'll keep him for now. :)

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:00 am

BuddyMommy, very very cute!

TexCavy

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:19 am

I need more Jasper Haymoster pics on the random thread. I haven't been frightened in days. You up for it Jasper? ;) He's such a cutie. But I love Nikka's coloring around the nose and face. What is that color?

lissie

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:26 am

Wow.. lots of cool news cages. I love all of them..

lissie

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:00 am

I wanted to have a ramp down to floor time. My cage is on 2 grids-high stand so I've added a basement bedroom for my boys. The ramp is attached to the floor of the bedroom.

Floor Time:

Ramp without tunnel:

Basement bedroom with bunkbed:

A hole cut in the coroplast on the main floor, leading down to basement bedroom.

Ramp is used as a door, held up by 2 binder clips. One on each side of the ramp.

TexCavy

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:01 am

I like those black tunnel grids and the basement bedroom bunk is super cool. I'd love to sleep there if I was a piggy.

lissie

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:04 am

Thanks :) They haven't used it much (at least there were no evidence that they were).

TexCavy

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:09 am

I got some of my pigs to use a pullman berth type bunk by hiding veggie treats at the back of it. Reuben, my avatar pig, used to love his berth. And then Panache did almost as much. Right now I have one growing baby pig who likes to jump into her berth and get the veggie treats I hide, but so far she hasn't gotten comfy and slept there the way Reben and Panache did in theirs.