Miklyway - From Hell to Here

TexCavy

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:51 pm

Milkyway is a pink eyed white boar who had a journey through hell before arriving at the TX Rustlers Guinea pig Rescue. He came in with the worst painful back abcess they have ever seen and still he persits in having a fun, colorful personality. Here he is after surgery.

After losing our beloved boar "Foster", MrTex and I are hoping to bring Milkyway home with us to integrate into our herd of sows. Since, when I met this boar, he had a personality just about as big as the Milky Way Galaxy.

I dont know all of Milkyway's story. But I know he came in with what looked in the photo like a decaying back. (Photo link here : DO NOT look if you gross out easily) On their webpage these are the notes written from when he first arrvied:

Just rescued from animal control yesterday, we don't even know if Milkyway is a boy or girl, as we don't want to cause more pain by turning him/her over to check. Receiving pain meds, and Milkyway will need immediate vet care.
UPDATE: This is the worst painful abscess we've ever seen.
UPDATE: Milkyway went through a really rough spell post surgery and did not eat anything for 4 days. He was of course hand-fed and given pain meds. Finally he started to eat a few of his favorite things and today there is a marked improvement.
UPDATE 9/09: His back is healing well, but not completely healed yet. His back right leg is stiff (may be nerve damage).

Milkyway still needs to go in for his neuter surgery. I am sure that was delayed because of the back wound. The Rescue is deeply in debt from helping so many needy guinea pigs and more than a handful of other animals as well. Anyone wishing to donate, here is their link: http://theguineapigrescue.com
Milkyway is halfway down this page: http://theguineapigrescue.com/surgery_sponsors.htm

I also hope to get many positive thoughts both for his upcoming neuter sugery, and for intros when the time comes. My sows can be as turdy as their poo. ;) So I need all the good luck I can get for integrating more pigs into the herd. And I am still working on getting them to accept a lab piggy sow or two from that rescue incident.

Milkyway might get a new stagename when he arrives here. But we will never forget that is his first name. I'm really looking forward to adding him to our family. Please follow this thread and help me bring Milkyway home forever.

LynnK

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:41 pm

What a terrible life this little guy has had, I hope he can come home with you, after he recovers from his wounds. That was very shocking to see, I hope I never see anything that bad again. I wish him a speedy recovery!

zazzified

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:21 pm

Oh that poor little pig! I wish him luck in recovering quickly from this surgery and his neuter, and I wish you the best of luck in integrating him successfully. The post-surgery pic looks painful enough, but the before picture is beyond words. I can't believe the difference.

theamazingbox

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:29 pm

Aw, poor guy! That looks like it was so painful!

Give him piggy kissies for me, what a trooper!

Herbert

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:39 pm

Poor little sausage!

The staples look painful enough, the before photo is just horrible.
I hope the poor little man heals quickly.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:39 pm

There have been a few pigs with similar extensive "lumps". I have always wondered exactly what they were.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:54 pm

Oh my lord, poor kid, that is so horrible. For shame on the people who just abandoned him with that. Does the rescue take donations via paypal?

TexCavy

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:58 pm

The paypal donation Link is here. Just a little way down the page.

http://theguineapigrescue.com/how_you_can_help.htm

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:10 pm

Oh my, the before picture is heartbreaking :( I'll keep my fingers crossed he makes a speedy recovery :)

TexCavy

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:11 am

I'll take updated pics of him when I visit the rescue tomorrow. So watch for those when I can get them posted.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:50 am

Thank you TexCavy, all I saw was donation via credit cards, it may be because I had a firefox add on turned on where you have to manually allow certain scripts and "buttons". I'll send a donation via paypal as soon as either I can get to my bank or I can talk to a trusted relative of mine that also has paypal (just give her the money and have her donate for me via her account) if I can't get to the bank right away.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:48 am

Cinnabuns mom - just sent ya a email.

Gasp, you're gonna get him. I just adored this guy and his "got food?"