Show your cage III

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:40 am

Lissie, that's a great idea!! I hope I can find some here.

Will the coroplast that he has eaten so far harm him?

TexCavy

Post   » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:35 pm

I think I found out from somebody else that my math was good. Now I just have to succed at getting all the pigs to get along. Wish I could help you Shania<3, but I'm mathed out for the week. ;)

lissie

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:17 am

Shania<3, You can see space requirements in metrics here:
http://www.guineapigcages.com/indexmetric.htm

Pimpinpuji, did your piggie eat a lot of coroplast? I hope it didn't harm him. I've read that if they ate a big chunk, it could cause blockage. If it's tiny pieces, they should be able to pass it.

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:06 am

Lissie, it's little bits here and there. Unfortunately, he's got Pinky doing it now, too. I need to find those report binders FAST!

Of all the things they have to chew on, why the coroplast that I worked so hard to find, transport, and cut?

I wish they would cooperate in health and behavior for at least a week! If it's not one thing, it's another. Sigh.

Feylin

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:09 am

If you have it, you can clip cardboard to the grids so that it covers up the coroplast edges. Mine have been distracted by even just the fleece wrapping around the top of the coro edge.

Shania_3

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:22 am

Lissie, thank you..

Is 1,2 sq m 12000 sq cm?

CavyPrincesses

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:29 am

My Philippine Style Cage/Playpen Setup
Made of Aluminum Screen and frame with dimensions 60x40x10 inches.
Folds into only one piece of 20x10 for travel purposes :)
I've been looking for something like C&C but I'm in the southern part of Philippines..
So no luck for that..
They were happier with this compared to where they were kept in the breeder's care..
They were in a 17x30 Bird cage/wire bottomed and no grass/hay rack or toys :(

The cage as a sleeping area lined with cotton bedding,
a rag and Foam board (alternative for coroplast) covered with some plastic sheet to keep the foam board dry.
I have to keep the cage in there coz they would wheek for it whenever I clean it on Saturdays :(

I also only put one water bottle which I change at least thrice a day because they don't like the other one I got for having too long nozzle :/
No hay available in my area but the girls were raised with just a regular grass and pellets as their staple food.
They are happy with veggies as well but their faves are carrot and apple which I give only twice a week :)

Shania_3

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:56 am

What a cute cage! :D

Pikatot

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:21 am

That's such a cute alternative cage. I love that it folds up! Your piggies look so happy in it :]

lissie

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:17 pm

Wow! Cavyprincesses, I love your cage. It's so cute.

Shania, your math is correct.
Tips: I'm not a math wiz myself, when doing the conversions, I go to google.com and type in "1.2 sq.m in sq.cm". It will show the resuts. Same from converting from sq.ft to sq.m

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:15 pm

I love it and I am a math wiz.

Keeps me from having to remember where and what the conversion factors are.

Kitsufox

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:45 pm

I don't have my Cavies yet, but we made up the cage last night and are just pending on some final details.

The water bottles need to get hung up, and we need to get the foot-stool houses for our boys (They'll be on the end with the plaid fleece). And there are plans to add a second pellet bowl. Also, can't forget to cover those wires. You'd think I'd have done it already, since I have the stuff to do it.

The balls and block are leftover things I found in the bin of stuff that I pack-ratted away following the passing of the final rat and the rabbit (I hate throwing things away. I'm terrible at it. I still have a packet of wood sticks from the hamster I had as a kid).

Special thanks to my husband, who lifted me on his shoulders to get the overhead angle. That's the top of his head in the picture ;).