Show your cage III

cabaya

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:26 pm

Yeah, Weaver uses similar hay racks and I think they look really nice.

LynnK

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:36 pm

I forgot to mention that I use plain brown paper lunch bags, I fold down the sides for better balance, and the pigs just love them, they chew them up, and hide in them, and it's an easy clean up. So ditch the hayrack!

Hunybee

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:49 pm

I have something similar to zazz's hay rack. Only I have a piece of coroplast on top. But I really like the paper sack idea. The boys would love that.

TexCavy

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:55 pm

I have one of these that I am replacing with a larger one. If you want this one, Kitsufox. Though can't say I know 100 percent that its perfectly safe, I can say there has never been any kind of incident in over 8 years of using it with various pigs.

It can be affixed to coroplast as easily using zip ties.

Kitsufox

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:00 pm

Thank you for the kind offer, Texcavy. Though I might pass, if the solution I randomly found while cleaning out a set of rubbermaid drawers that are getting filled with not-pet stuff and shipped out to the garage. It's acctually the ramp from a corner cage shelf. The mesh won't let feet through and I bent it so that even IF the little stinkers decide it's their new favorite perch it should be safe.

TexCavy

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:09 pm

That looks cool.

Kitsufox

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:35 pm

It's amazing the things you find when you start cleaning ;)

TexCavy

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:37 pm

Too true. I bet I have a dozen hay racks I could pass on to folks. But each is probably lost in own location somewhere. heheh

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:15 am

Kitsufox, where did you get that? I like it.

Kitsufox

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:50 am

I finally found a link to the product I used :) It's the ramp from one of these that I had from my rat-keeping days (back in the early days of it... Cage mark... 3 I believe I used this in). I just bent it like that.

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:51 pm

I would still be concerned about them climbing up and maybe getting their feet stuck in the squares. Maybe they look bigger to me in the picture?

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:06 pm

I tried to find the link to my hay rack, but had no luck. I bought it in the storage section at Target. You can see it in this picture.