Show your cage III

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:53 pm

Fiddlesticks.

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:10 pm

I need some caffiene. I saw "Fiddlesticks" and thought, "What's she complaining about? What did I miss?" Then I remembered that's what those things are called. heheh

Hunybee

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:29 pm

The fiddlestix huts are great. My boys love theirs. We've bent it in such a way that they actually sit on top of it. They have really gnawed the inside of it.

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:51 pm

I made this hay rack and it's the best compromise my pigs and I have come to yet:
Zazzified, how did you make your hay rack and are there any other photos available here or elsewhere? It looks quite safe as you have made it.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:54 pm

Ha. I realized after that someone may miscontrue that. I was replying to the poster that asked what those hidey things were called.

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:56 pm

Thanks sus, but I know what the hidey is called. I was talking about the log think next to it?

zazzified

Post   » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:57 pm

GuineaPigFun, I made it out of a bent grid and then made the lid and sides out of coroplast. I can take better pictures of it from different angles tonight if it would be helpful.

Des_+_Billie

Post   » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:47 pm

Oh, ok CnP, I'm not sure what it's called.

It's basically a hollowed-out log with lots of sticky stuff (probably dreadful for them, but they are treats) similar to the kind you see on the chew sticks inside it.

We got them from (UK) Pets at Home.

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:17 pm

Yeah, it probably isn't good. Does it have seeds mixed in the sticky stuff?

Before I knew better, I bought treats like that and such, but they are a choking hazard. Mine used to love the little marble sized treats that were covered in seeds, but they can get stuck in their teeth and potentially choke them.

The pellets should be plain too.

Des_+_Billie

Post   » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:20 pm

The pellets are now plain; we bought some yesterday.

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:31 pm

I would love to have those grids(seperation grids) you have, to put a top on my cage. I wonder if I could find them here?

Des_+_Billie

Post   » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:40 pm

Should ship to where you are, but it might be a bit expensive.

They come with a combination of regular (c1inx1in) gids and the mesh type you are talking about in the same set; I think the mesh is designed for normal people who actually want to make a storage system and not a piggie cage to put small items like keys on top without them falling through.