Do you really need to clean a piggy's penis?

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:09 pm

LMAO Omg I love it. I am going to violate my poor boy after the kid's are in bed. That is if I can figure out how.

moonfall

Post   » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:58 pm

I'm glad I never had boars (aside from babies that I did not keep). I wouldn't have known how to properly clean them up, since I don't recall reading anything about it. I didn't even know they had a grease/scent glands until I read the threads about boar stank.

Is it necessary to clean a sow's vaginal area? My girls, especially Maya, tend to get bits of litter and possibly food stuck in there.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:30 pm

Well, maybe we can record boar cleanings this weekend at our event. We do nail trimmings and boar cleanings for peoples' guinea pigs.

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:35 am

sus4rabbitsnpigs, please, please, please will you do that! I know I and probably many others, would really appreciate that! I would REALLY love to see a video on how to clean the grease gland, the penis and the anus. Seriously...I would be forever grateful and I think Cosmo would too!

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:56 am

Ya I tried to get his penis to show and no luck. I don't want to hurt him or push somewhere I am not supposed to. I tried just gently pushing near the penis, in to his belly. He was not too pleased with me trying but didn't bite.

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:41 am

I hold my boys with their backs against me, and their bums sort of resting in my lap, so they are almost sitting. I extract and clean that way. They cant run or fidget much, so it helps the job get done faster.

Calvin + Hobes

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:15 am

Well, at least I'm not alone! I've had zero luck trying to check & clean the boys 'bits'. DH refuses to hold them while I attempt it and both fight so violently that I've pretty much given up.

I have caught sight of Calvin's penis during a particularly vigorous Hobes humping session but I didn't have a flashlight handy and he was moving fast so....lol I can't say if it was dirty or not!

So, if someone could get a video I'd be forever indebted to them. I'm about ready to take them both to the vet just to get this done.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:12 am

Pimpinpuji, that's how I do it too.

Of course, it only really works with Charlie, because he's chill. I checked out his penis last night (VIOLATION!) and he does in fact need cleaning. Huh. I never would have guessed. We'll get to that tonight, I suppose.

Then I tried to check Snickers. He didn't mind being held in the sitting posture but as soon as I started poking around in his private bits he expressed his disapproval. I did finally manage to... er, see stuff, and he looked totally clean. But boy was he mad.

I too would LOVE a video. I found one online, but it's from several feet away and involves a clean, healthy, non-impacted pig, so it actually wasn't as informative as I'd need. I'm really trying to figure out if Charlie has mild impaction issues or if I'm overzealously cleaning out his caecal poos.

Feylin

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:34 am

Oh yes, you must check. Most of mine keep their penis cleaned but Oliver builds up impressive amounts of smegma.

I use a wet warm washcloth to gently pull it off. Oliver enjoys the attention and participates by not struggling.

Boyfriend likes to complain about my technique, on the basis that he's a better authority on the subject since he has a penis, so sometimes I hand the job off to him.

Oliver is due, so I will get a picture for you guys. A video on my own might be hard.

LynnK

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:51 am

I haven't had much luck lately with this new group of boars, but a few in the past did ok. My first pig Clint was so laid back that I would just cradle him like a baby and just press down gently and away we went cleaing, he was done in a couple of minutes, but he would get impacted a few times before he passed away. He was 6 1/2 and yes he would fuss a bit, but no where near as some of my boars.

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:02 am

I'm stuck doing everything alone and it is difficult! Sunshine-don't try to put your boys on their backs. Put their back against your stomach and try and get a look that way. It is better if you have someone to hold the pig while you clean, clip, etc, but like me I do not have that option!

Wow it is too early! Feylin I read "hand the job to him" as "hand job."

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:46 am

Ha. I was waiting for the thread to devolve and now it has!!!

Don't forget that boar glue can also cause a problem if your boars participate in dominance orgies on a regular basis.