Do you really need to clean a piggy's penis?

rshevin

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:57 am

I hate to say this, but I've always had a hard time getting the penis out. I'm not sure how I'm doing it so wrong, but I can rarely succeed. I've taken to flushing the area with carefully temperature controlled water from a syringe instead. :-(

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:57 am

...what kind of problem?

Feylin

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:06 am

"Dominance orgy"

THAT'S an accurate description if I ever saw one.

On the boars behaving badly thread, I think we've had this discussion. :) I also put up pictures of cutting boar glue out of their fur.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:08 am

Oh EW. But I assume by "boar glue" you aren't talking about the white stuff that's already on their penises, so I'm hoping I don't ever have to deal with that. Ever!

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 am

Sus a video would be wonderful.

rshevin

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:34 am

The "white stuff that's already on their penises" is probably smegma or a small amount of dried urine. "Boar glue" is a euphemism for semen, and if you have an intact boar you will be dealing with it at some time in the future! It's not as bad as you might think. Actually it's important to know because sometimes you pick up a boarly boar and think you see a "worm" coming out of his penis but it's just a little left over semen. People naturally get really freaked out over that, but thankfully it's normal. And well, what can I say but you and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals. Guinea pig males make semen throughout their life and like any other mammal it gets refreshed every so often so it's out with the old and time to make new. You're bound to see evidence.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:44 am

WHY DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BOAR GLUE AND THE IMPACTION BEFORE I GOT BOARS???

//end yelling//

I'd probably do it again anyway. These guys are too cute to resent. But seriously: yuck. I thought I had maxed out my pet-owner-grossness points when my dog ate a canister of bleach wipes and they had to be pulled (gently!) out of her booty the same way they would have been distributed out of the can!

khb1582

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:46 am

Yeah, the boar glue worm freaked me out at first. But now, I have to remove them on a fairly regualr basis between my boys. I have no trouble extracting the penis, I have a harder time checking their sacs. But it does need to be done, it's amazing what all can get stuck in their and not bother the pig.

rshevin

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:54 am

Alden, in all honesty the boar glue and impaction issues in males are balanced out by ovarian cyst problems in girl pigs. And actually the cysts can be life threatening so I'd call that worse. Besides go lookie at Charlie's little pants! How can you not love his little pants? Boars are great!

Besides, better to know about it now than to show up at the vet with a "worm" right. :-P

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:02 am

This is hilarious!

clairey

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:57 am

Alden - I discovered this site and began my education about a week or so after I got my boars and had the same horrified reaction. I'm glad I didn't know before because the idea may have put me off boars and I'd have lost out. Once you do it a couple of times it all becomes sort of normal. I just don't think too much about what I'm actually doing and get the job done. The pigs now accept the mad human is going to prod around in their sacs at least weekly.

A video would be great to establish the easiest way to extrude the penis though.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:17 pm

I think it's easier to think of it as PULLING rather than PUSHING. I sit Charlie on my lap, with his back against my chest, as if he were a little child. Then I PULL on the area around the penis, gently, towards my body. Works pretty much like a human penis, I think! It's much easier with Charlie, where things seem to be looser (and plus, he's not kicking around as much as Snickers does). But it works on both of them.