Do you really need to clean a piggy's penis?

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:35 pm

LMAO!!!! I will have to try and get a pic of my poor boy, not so up close and personal. I don't want him feeling embarrassed with people thinking he has gargantuous testicles, for a 7 month old. LOL!

tia2370

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:38 pm

He might be proud! Rodney loved waving his balls around when he was younger. He believed he had the biggest balls in the house!

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:39 pm

OMG hahahaha! I am cracking up. Waving his balls around. lol Cosmo is very shy about me being around his manhood. Poor baby.

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:41 pm

By the way, how big DO intact boar's man berries get??? I'm scared now. lol

Brimstone
For Rocky

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:42 pm

I put my fingers and thumb on either side of the sac/butt opening and gently pull the finger/thumb away from each other, thereby gently opening the sac. I don't try to turn it inside out. With my Rocky (who's graphic photos are on the impaction page) I could turn his sac inside out, but only because he was older and his sac was stretched and leathery. I can open my older boars' (5 years) sacs more than the younger guy (3.5 years old). I think like other body parts, boars' sacs just start to sag as they age. Looks like Cinnabuns mom's boar also has a stretched out sac.

I think it's also important to realize that the "sac" is really more of a pocket. Some pockets can be held open a wide distance, others have a smaller space. Some can be turned inside out, but many cannot. So you reach into the pocket (in this case with a Q-tip) and scoop out what's inside. Once you get used to it, it's not that big a deal.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Yeah, I just want to know how far in to reach! I feel like I'm cleaning Charlie's tonsils...

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:28 pm

Thank you kindly, Brimstone. So do you just only go as far in with the q tip as the sac opens? Like do not bury the q-tip at all? Also, so when you put your thumb and finger on either side of the butt opening, do you mean on his testicles, since that is right by the sac? Or to each side OF the testicles? And can you tell me, is the grease gland just up from the sac, on the lower back? On my Cosmo it looks like he has a butt crack. I didn't know what that was.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:41 am

Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner, we went out to do grocery shopping. I'll see if I can get a video of cleaning tomorrow, I just have to borrow the camera and get someone to film for us so I can show how it's done and my fiance can hold him.

Your boy is definitely male. Here is the picture with the wording on it; I could be wrong about what appears to be the grease gland though.

For some reason the right image isn't showing up. There's an arrow pointing to the prepuce but it's not showing on here, it also looks grainy, which the newer picture I tried to post doesn't. I've discovered it's an issue with Photobucket because when I go to the direct link it takes me to the version that isn't pointing to the prepuce. Well hopefully it's good enough since I can't get Photobucket to work and don't know how to remedy this problem.

I think James' sac might be a little "stretchy" because of his age and the fact that he had gotten several impactions in his old home and he had a really big (the exotics veterinarian said it was as large as a cat feces, poor guy) one when we picked him up from the shelter. I've heard it's not as "elastic-y" in adult boars that have had impactions. The big pink thing is his prepuce just so there's no confusion.

Surprisingly, the grease gland on my boys (one neutered, one currently intact but may have to be neutered to help reduce his serious impaction issues) is hardly active at all, I've never felt stuff on it or had to clean it.

clairey

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:21 am

I lost out cos both my boys have active grease glands. Alan's is downright overactive in my opinion and it really shows because he's white but it's dark. As are his "man-berries". There's no mis-sexing him even without picking him up!

lilbitorange

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:48 am

i dont mean to sound like a noob, but whats a q-tip? Is it the equivilant of a cotton wool bud in england?

clairey

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:52 am

Yes, it's a cotton bud.

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Cinnabuns mom, thank you!!! I actually see the right picture. The one you wanted to post. Lovely. Thanks a bunch. I have never felt anything or seen anything, on Cosmo's grease gland either. I hope it stays that way. lol