Introducing Speedwagon!

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:30 pm

I always told myself that if I got a hold of a red-eyed orange pig, I would name it Speedwagon. The reasoning being that red-eyed orange is usually abbreviated to REO. Thus, I would have my own little REO Speedwagon.

Well, today my evil plan has gone into action. At the MGPR adoption meet today, there was a group of a mom and 3 babies that had been pulled from the shelter this morning. They were all fluffy red-and-white puffs with crests and out-of-control hair. I spent quite a bit of time adoring them -- I don't see babies very often.

At the end of the meet, when I had my fosters all packed up and almost out the door, I decided to take another peek at the babies. At which point, another fosterer told me that one of the babies was a boy and needed to be separated, so they were looking for someone to foster him. How could I resist this face!?

So, after convincing my mom that we needed this pig (an enterprise which pretty much consisted of "He fits in the palm of your hand!"), and being assured that my dad wouldn't be pissed over another foster, I brought little Speedwagon home. I have him set up in a pet store cage next to the other cages.

He seems very lonely when he's not interacting with me or other pigs. When I put him in his cage, he hides in his igloo, and won't move or eat. As soon as I pick him up, though, he chows down. I guess he just misses his family, the poor little guy.

I weighed him, and he is about 240 grams. I was told he is 4 weeks old, but that weight makes me think he's more like 3.

And now for gratuitous photos!
The fluff! Oh, the fluff!

Kat

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:35 pm

What a gorgeous little guy! Hopefully he'll get used to his new home soon!

Siouxsie

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:41 pm

Those babies were soooo cute today. I was cuddling with one of the little girls and she just kept wheeking for her mom. So adorable!

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:46 pm

Siouxsie -- I didn't know you're an MGPR person! Who are you? Haha.

Siouxsie

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:58 pm

I'm Jessica :) Who are you ;) I've always got my husband with me, Dustin, who says he isn't the one into the pigs but he really does like them. He's learning a lot.

Calvin + Hobes

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:00 pm

Oh! I wanna pignap him! Love the thinking behind the name too.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:10 pm

Oh my gosh he is too adorable! Look at that hair and crest. I'm glad you're fostering him for them.

Fourboys4now

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:12 pm

EEEK!!!! Oh the baby cuteness overload. He's so sweet looking and I love the hair.

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:11 pm

Siouxsie -- I'm Mollie, the teenager who has Blade and Sparky. I know who you are now! It's funny how I don't realize that so many MGPR folks are also on GL . . .

Herbert

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:22 pm

I agree with Fourboys4now, EEEK!!!
He is seriously cute!!

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:25 pm

He seems to be settling in well. He got to spend some time with my fosters, Blade and Sparky, which I think made him feel better. Now he's running laps around his cage, wheeking at the top of his lungs, and eating everything in sight! He's going to be a pig with a lot of personality, I can just tell.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:50 pm

Oh, he's cute! And he looks fast, even though he isn't moving.