I have a question about fruits and vegetables

BrownEyedShorty

Post   » Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:56 am

I was just wondering if maybe guinea pigs can have cantelopes (sp?). And are there any other healthy vegtables or fruits you feed your guinea pig. My mom is going to the store in a little while,but I just wanted to ask. Just to tell her if she should get anything for Bambi and Trudy. Thank You for your time. :)

Paisley

Post   » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:13 am

I have given Gypsy and Paisley very small pieces of cantalope before. It should be okay to do so.

Some other things I've given Gypsy and Paisley:
Leaf lettuce, Parsley, Cilantro, Cherry tomatoes, Green & other colored peppers, very small slivers of carrots and cucumbers, blueberries.

lisam

Post   » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:15 am

You can read this https://www.guinealynx.info/healthycavy.html#diet , it has some ideas for good fruits and veggies.

I can tell you what my pigs prefer--cantaloupes, parsley, cilantro, romain lettuce, apples, fennel.

BrownEyedShorty

Post   » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:16 am

Thank you so much!How is my typing doing? Oh and thanks for the link.

truffie
I gave AGAIN, dammit!

Post   » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:25 am

Browneyedshorty - Your typing is fine. Don't let Evangeline scare you - she's very ornery.

BrownEyedShorty

Post   » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:30 am

:)

Thank You for your nice comment. I feel much better now. Take care.

lisam

Post   » Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:05 pm

She may be ornery, but did I tell you she's also in charge until Lynx gets back? Be afraid, be very afraid.

And, BrownEyedShorty, your typing is very nice. Much improved. You get an A.

critterluv02

Post   » Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:14 pm

I got lucky at the grocery store the other day. They had a huge variety of fresh goodies. I came home with Kale, Swiss Chard, Bok choy, Dandelions, Mustard Greens, Parsely and Cilantro. My piggies have been very happy!

truffie
I gave AGAIN, dammit!

Post   » Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:19 pm

E's in charge? I'm shakin' in my boots;)

brinkmama

Post   » Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:58 pm

Our girlies love love love canaloupe! It is cute because the get orange beards from eating it! I cut small wedges and then cut them in thirds or half depending on how long the wedges are, and let them go to town..they do not seem to eat the rind, just the juicey fruit. Also they love blueberries, grapes and strawberries and now they are loving apples! (along w/ their greens of course)

chordita

Post   » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:44 pm

my guinea pigs REALLY love watermelon, but they like the rind better than the fruit! You should try going to those fresh produce markets, they have lots of variety. My pigs also like wheat grass, plain grass, the leafy tops on carrots, red swiss chard, escarole, and green peppers

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:52 pm

My pigs love cantaloupe. I eat a quarter of it, leaving some on the rind, then cut the rind into a big piece for the big pigs and a small piece for the small pigs. They love it, and it's soft enough that even Einstein can eat it.

If only it weren't so heavy to carry home from the store...