Show your cage III

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:10 pm

How cute! You might want to get some coroplast and make a wall protector to keep things clean. Great, roomy setup though!!

Hunybee

Post   » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:54 pm

You totally wanted a clean cage pic with pigs in it. Mine seem to poop the minute I put them back in.

tia2370

Post   » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:13 pm

Our new cage. We did add a bent grid hayrack off to the side later.

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:19 pm

PigButt is beautifully colored. Love his name too. :)
Adorable babies Kat.
I need to see your pigs close up tia. :)

PigButt

Post   » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:56 pm

Kat -

The slick floors did take him a while to get used to, and he has certainly scared himself a few times. He happily walks/trots/slow-runs easily; it's the 0 - 60 that gives him trouble. When he startles he runs in place a few steps until his scrambling feet grab purchase, and most the time he's done being startled before he's gotten anywhere. I do keep throw rugs down, and he definitely prefers doing all cornering on them when doing laps.

-Kelly

Jezie+Pottersmom

Post   » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Its been awhile since my pig(s) have been on fleece. I would like to get them back on fleece. Can anyone tell me the dimensions or how many yards for a 2 x 5 cage?

Thanks!

Jezie+Pottersmom

Post   » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:38 am

I think I figured out the amount I need. Also I was looking online and Hancock fabrics online have solid fleece for 2.99 a yard and some really cute prints for 4.99!

Wheekers3

Post   » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:12 pm

I saw a hidey house in Weber's cages recently and though of Steve's Bandana themed baby bumper. I am finding 2nd hand thrift store finds cheap and somewhat fashionable. I paid less than $2.00 ea for both the bandana one and the girl's ( Stella and Carmella reside to the rt. ) Beatrix Potter one. They make my house less hayful.

The tall cupboard that is white and tan houses all their fleece and cage trimmings.

I had to sew peeky holes for poor Steve. He HAD to see what was going on or he would die.

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:32 pm

Baby bumper's! What a great idea!!!

Hunybee

Post   » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:44 pm

Wow Wheekers, you put mine to shame.

We went completely as a 2x5 with the kitchen on the second level. Jasper loved it. He kept popcorning everywhere, of course that could have been because the cage was finally cleaned.....

the red section at the bottom was the kitchen hay area before. We moved the food up to the hay level later. As you can see, it didn't take Jasper long to find the hay. I can't believe how much zooming they were doing after they figured they could do a complete circle through the kitchen area.

Nikka found the bent grid hidey spot first. It's already been pushed around like a pigloo. Image

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Black on black. I love that pic.

Hunybee

Post   » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:07 am

He's a Ninja Pig, you can't see him.