Post   » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:25 am

That cage is fabulous! Lucky piggies :)

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:57 pm

That cage is awesome!

jedifreac

Post   » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:49 pm

New to the sales forum and seriously considering buying some cage liners. For existing cage liner customers, I was wondering...have your pigs ever burrowed under the cage liners? Do you have to weigh them down with bricks or anything like that? I would like to get cage cut to size and stitched up for convenience and to prevent burrowing. Do the liners help?

I have a 2x5 with a kitchen so I would be getting two 2x2s per set so there would also be a 'gap' in the middle. Do they slide around on the coro at all?

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:54 pm

If you have burrowers, they may still do it. If you do decide to buy liners I would get a few small sizes. That way they are easier to wash and you can replace dirty ones only.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:51 pm

I LOVE THE PHOTOS!!!!!

Buy the liners! Even if they do burrow, they are SO worth it!

Jen is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:11 am

Thanks NGM :)

To Jedifreac: We have 10 cages of piggies and we use all cage liners in them. I'm lucky enough to only have one burrower come to me. He wasn't familiar with fleece bedding at all when he came here and he hid under the liners for a few weeks. Once he discovered the hut in his cage he figured out he could go in there and feel secure rather than under the cage liners. He has since stopped burrowing and I haven't had any problems again, so I can't be of much help there.

The liners will actually overlap so that there is no gaps in the middle. They also don't slide around because it is a terry/towel material on the bottom which gives them some grip. We never have any problems at all around here.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:53 am

A little birdie? No way!! Thank you birdie! Thank you!!!! :)

(You sly bird you....whoever you are!)

Yes, buy the liners! They make life much easier!

jedifreac

Post   » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:00 am

I likely won't be placing an order until March because that's when the proceeds go to OCCH, the shelter I currently volunteer for. (An exception might be if there's a sale?) I am definitely interested in cage liners and maybe some accessories, too.

I have a Star Wars theme caged so I was wondering how custom fleece and other fabrics work? Say, if I win an old Star Wars pillowcase on Ebay, could I mail that to you and have a hut made out of that? Does that reduce some of the cost of the material because then you don't have to use cotton from your existing stash? Or what if I like fleece I see on a site online? What have people done in the past when they do custom orders?

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:03 am

Jedi, she made a wonderful western themed cage for my Silverado and Bandit from an old pillow case! It was sent to her (I heart Brenda!) and her DH and her worked their magic on it. With the Force, all things are possible.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:44 am

Jedi, Jen is very accommodating and will work with you :)

I know nothing about Star Wars but I am certain that somewhere out there there is a fleece panel with the theme on it :)

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:35 am

To Jedifreac:

A pillowcase is large enough for a hut, so yes that would work out great. I will definitely lower the price for you since you are providing your own material.

People have bought their own fleece and sent it to me (I then reduce the price) or I have ordered the fleece for them and just charged any extra shipping fees, etc. that it cost me to special order the fleece. Whatever works best for you.

To cavyCastle: Your stuff should be on it's way very soon :)

3popcornpiggies

Post   » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:36 am

Thanks Jen, CodyNpatches & NGM. Couldn't have done it w/o Jen's awesome products!

Most of my pigs burrow, and as I look at my cage now, I need to fix a liner. Although they do burrow, I don't mind it because I can adjust them right away..which also makes it easy for cleaning purposes. Bricks might be able to work, but like Jen said you can overlap them. A burrower will always be a burrower and will always try to get under things whether it be liners, huts, cubes and houses. (yes mine try to get under all of those!!!) I guess I've just learned to accept my little burrowers. :)