Scruffles medical thread

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:33 pm

Extensively? Moi? ;-)

I wouldn't have recommended the banana, and I would have been wrong. I'm glad she's doing so much better.

Brainerror

Post   » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:05 am

To be honest talishan, I wouldn't recommend it either, but my mum used to give me bananas as a kid when I had runny bowels and it would firm things up within hours. that's the only reason I had to try it.

She's driving me nuts though. just gave her some floor time with Chewie, my old girl, to remind her that she's a pig. She did eat some lettuce, pepper and hay when Chewie did, but now it seems like she hates Chewie's guts again. *sigh*

I was going to put Squee separate instead of Scruffles, so Scruffles gets some stimulation, but now I'm not sure.

Brainerror

Post   » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:17 am

I can sigh a sigh of relief.
Scruffles just came running out of the pigloo during veggie time :)
Apparently when my OH fed her at 7 this morning she was wheeking for food!

This is such good news as I almost lost it yesterday when I found out she had lost 120g overnight and had runny poo again.

We've stopped the marbocyl as this was going to be her last day on it anyway. She's peeing big pees that are clear and her poops are nice and normal again.

She still acts a bit odd, but hey, so do we when not feeling 100% right?
She's gained a little weight this morning (she was 1,117, she's now 1,130 at 10am).

Finally on the up! mummy can have a bit of a break :) I feel like I can sleep for a week.

Oh and she's still with Chewie which has really helped. Squee doesn't give two wheeks about being on her own o.0
She actually popcorned like crazy when I separated her.

Brainerror

Post   » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:37 am

just to show you the difference in Scruffles.

this was her the day after the procedure

and here she is feeling much brighter in herself :)

Brainerror

Post   » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:50 am

Well I'm back to worrying again. Scruffles has dropped 130g overnight (the night before she dropped 120).
I did stop feeding in the night, is that what caused this?

she eats pellets now, hay and veg. not as much as she used to mind..

I think I'll still give her some CC & water during the day, just to prevent anything bad happening.

I'll see her eat happily and then suddenly she moves away like she's forgotten what she was doing or like something spooked her when nothing's going on.

I hope her little brain didn't fry..

She also doesn't drink much from the water bottle. I got her to do maybe 5 licks from it last night & she kinda hesitates like she wants to, but doesn't want to and then moves on.

Anyway, she's going to the vet with Squee today.

Brainerror

Post   » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:18 am

Gr my tired brain is confused & I'm crap at maths.. my OH pointed out that it isn't as bad as my stupid brain thought.

here are her weights from the last few days:
Feb 5 : 1,117kg
Feb 6 : 1,207kg
Feb 7 : 1,108kg
Feb 8 : 1,130kg
Feb 9 : 1,100kg

To me it still fluctuates too much, but not as dramatically as I thought. Really wish I could just edit my other post or at least delete it.

Anyway, I'll be sure to use a calculator in the future!

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:49 am

If she's only 17 g. down since Feb. 5, I don't think there's an issue. I find my pigs can be +/-20 g. easily in one day depending on the time of the weighing. Water consumption will definitely affect it, as well veggies. I've been monitoring Nutmeg very carefully since his issues aren't altogether resolved. And I'm always amazed as the differences in the morning. But once he's had his morning veggies, he back right where he was the day before. Maybe you should try weighing her twice a day for a little while?

Brainerror

Post   » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:01 pm

thank you :) yes I will weigh her multiple times a day I think. I'm just a bit paranoid atm ;) and my brain is half asleep due to exhaustion.

we went to vet on tuesday and she got the all clear. I'm so relieved!

Brainerror

Post   » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:31 pm

her weight is 1,050 today, so she's still dropping. she eats, drinks, poops and acts normal however.

Brainerror

Post   » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:23 am

glad to know I'm not paranoid, but I'm also sick of being right :(

Scruffles has pasty diarrhea again. *sigh*

Of course I'll be feeding her pro biotics, vit C & CC to firm things up again.

Do you think chucking her on bactrim for a week would help? we have lots of it as Squee was treated with it before the op & we have lots left over.

Brainerror

Post   » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:16 pm

Someone please? I'm running out of steam :(

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:39 pm

Depends on the actual cause. The only advice I have that would relate to this is on the diarrhea page. You've probably read it.

www.guinealynx.info/.html