Show your cage III

Aertyn

Post   » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:31 am

Actually, we DO have C+C's in Australia.

Grids are from Bunnings, in (or around) the storage aisle. Corflute can be found in the garden section (at some bunnings, it comes between the pallets of pavers, it's black and sometimes they'll let you take it for free). Cable Ties are in the electrical section.

And before the C+C I had a $200 wooden hutch...used it for 2 years (the last year was only when we had people coming to look at the house and I had to pack up the C+C's on the bathroom and laundry floor) and even though it was not in sunlight or exposed to any weather it was falling apart, and at one stage I was only using it once every few weeks.

This is my girls current cage (it's very...girly), along with the new Weaver products they got some new girly fleece.

My parents have said no more fleece...apparently I have a *slight* problem. This isn't counting the fleece in the two cages, the one under the girls cage and the two I use to cover the ends on cool nights...and fleece season (aka winter) is coming soon. Oh dear :P

CavyPrincesses

Post   » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:13 am

I used to prefer Red as my favorite color before but since I had an American boyfriend, it went into Pink!
And boy! I love that pink cage! Will definitely get me a pink themed C&C too for my girls in the future!
All in all it's a lovely cage Aertyn!

cabaya

Post   » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:41 am

Oh don't worry. I am still trying to gather fleece for my 'collection'. I love having so many choices! So far I think I have 7 different fleeces for just one cage!

TexCavy

Post   » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:28 pm

I have loads of fleece and don't even use it in my cages very often. When desperate for bedding, or when necessary for a certain pig, I use it. But I found it inconvienient for my circumstances and also I am more sensitive to the pee scent when using fleece. My pigs also always have a bad case of poopy paw too when I use it. The turds. heheh, Yet Still when I see cute fleece in excellent condition at yard sales and resale shops, I often get it. I rarely buy it new unless on sale though. I am just too thrifty sometimes. *rolls eyes at self*

cabaya

Post   » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:26 pm

I spent my snow day from school redoing my cages! The top has Charlie and Elise while the bottom has my fosters (Brownie and Dusty).

I need to add some click lights under the top level to brighten up the bottom; though I think my fosters like feeling more covered and hidden.
The cages look kinda bare here too because I need to do some piggie laundry!

CinnamonSpice

Post   » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:46 pm

Thanks CavyPrincess!
BeanieBaby11, we water proofed it all over twice before putting either of them in, and it doesn't have a bottom, we just fill it with hay.

Kat

Post   » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:42 pm

Aertyn - I looked EVERYWHERE for cubes when we were trying to expand our cage. I'd read somewhere that they had it at Bunning's, but no luck. We also looked at Target, Kmart, Big W, The Reject Shop, and a whole heap of other stores too. In the end we got wire shelving from Kmart and made a nifty cage out of that.

When I was growing up, my pigs were always in wooden hutches outside. We put a thick layer of bedding on the bottom, washed the hutches weekly, and never had any problems with urine. They were a pain to clean, though.

Aertyn

Post   » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:13 pm

I got lucky with my grids, I found power coated grids at Big W (mind you, this was well over 3 years ago now). Bunnings is the only place that has it consistently (and not all Bunnings have them). I saw them at Aldi a few years ago, but it was one of there catalog specials...

But yes, using the wire shelving is just as good as the grids (probably cheaper too since they jacked the price of grids up...$12 for 5 panels is ridiculous!)

Edit: OMG i just found Mesh grids on ebay!

Kat

Post   » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:37 pm

Haha, I looked on ebay too, but didn't find any in Australia! We are very happy with our shelving cages, now, though.

3popcornpiggies

Post   » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:59 pm

awesome cage cabaya! :)

Princess Aurora

Post   » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:09 am

After almost four hours, here is the brand new cage!

I didn't want Hairballie living in the little emergency cage anymore, we don't know how to reintroduce them again and we don't even know if it could work or not, we are afraid she has hormone issues.

It took her around 10 minutes to realize that there are some piggies living under her feet, then she wheeked in wonder and sniffed in the air, while Juanito was running at the speed of light and Poofy was wheeking her little lungs out. Now they all know that the other exists and that they don't live that far away.

clairey

Post   » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:59 pm

Maybe they'll learn to be friends again now they have more contact. *crosses fingers*