Boars Behaving Badly

TexCavy

Post   » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Large herd, I meant. (not heard)

I need to report my sows to the Darling Demanding Divas thread. They are playing musical munchies quite often now. One steals one's veggie, then that pig, instead of finding the first abandoned veggie, steals someone elses and this goes on and on, even involving their big daddy boar Milkyway, until the food is gone. They are all such silly little ones. heheh

Sidera17

Post   » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:34 pm

I dunno if I should put the video up. Is it okay, even though it features..... boar bits? XD

TexCavy

Post   » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:08 pm

You should see "Milkyway and the hanging poo". No bits left to show there, but embarrassing just the same. heheh. I have no objections. Its just a part of piggy life, but I can't speak for everyone.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:52 pm

It's not that bad of behavior but still a bit gross. Phantom seems quite fond of doing the "inside out butt" thing. Just the other day I saw him start to do it and I said "don't you turn that butt inside out at me, boy" and he turned around, looking up as if he were actually shy that he got. I kid you not. It was so funny though I'm sure it was coincidental. He wasn't scared because I was said it in a calm voice, but I'm sure it surprised him. Which brings me to the question, how common is it for boars to do that butt thing and not produce stank?

Sidera17

Post   » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:26 am

It will be a great day when one of my boars turns his butt inside out and doesn't produce smell. XD

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:36 am

I'd like to see the video just because I don't think I've ever seen the action in question and I'm very curious.

clairey

Post   » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:32 am

Boar bits videos are fine. It's only anatomy.

Alan turns his bum out at me when he stretches out when I pet him. I see it as an "I am The Man" sort of statement.

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:27 pm

This probably should be a "boars behaving nicely" thread, but I see no point in opening a new one to brag. I just introduced Bob to our two younger boys, Heffalump and Woozle. Bob was Nutmeg's cage mate for the past year and while they didn't appear to be bonded, they did get along for the most part. Ever since Nutmeg got sick enough to keep in a hospital cage, Bob has been depressed and withdrawn, coming out of his pigloo for little snacks but basically hiding away. It was breaking my heart and I feared that I might not lose just Nutty, but that Bob was at risk, as well. I have two white guys about 1 year old (brothers) and they've always been very gentle pigs. You'd never have known when they went through adolscence. We never experienced any of the teenage stuff. So, I had envisioned introducing them to Bob but I wasn't sure how he was going to do with the youngsters. (We think Bob's about 5; I adopted him from an allergic piggy mom who never really gave us an age on him - we've had him about 4 1/2 years).

Anyway, they're all in the same cage, eating companionably and after 30 minutes there's not even been any posturing...no brrrs....just a little sniffing around without incident. I cannot believe how lucky I am. Bob has company and the white boys (as we call them) seem relatively content with the slightly larger cage, even if they have to share it. They're all just laying around right now, gently talking to each other.

So Boars can be on their best behavior once in a while. Let's just hope it continues.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:24 pm

Clairey, that's really funny; what a silly boar. Sorry to hear yours make stank when they do the butt thing, Sidera. Mine have made boar stank before (mostly Magellan but James has a couple of times too) but they didn't do the "inside out butt" thing so there was no warning, just sudden stink.

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:07 pm

When Patches turned his butt out for the first time then proceeded to do something else is when I realized he isn't my baby anymore!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Seriously, what does this "inside out" thing look like?

Hunybee

Post   » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:13 pm

I"m with you Alden. I don't think I've ever seen it. Now, I did get a big whiff of stank tonight when I went to say good night. And poor Nikka smelled like stank after Jasper's little dominance issue the other night. But have never seen the inside out thing.