Do You Want a Piggy Profiles Forum?

So, do you want some kind of profile forum for your pets?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 17, 2002 10:19 am

Yes!! Give us a Piggy Profile or Pig something forum!!
30%
No. Not my cup of tea at all. Just serious stuff. No profiles.
30%
Sure, profiles but stick them in the Cavy Chat forum.
40%
Sure, profiles but stick them in the Behavior forum.
No votes

Total votes: 20

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 5:02 pm

CM´s is a no-reply forum, which seems to work fine. And the poster can edit the original as the herd changes.

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 5:59 pm

But them you´ll have the idiots who can´t understand the concept of one post per member and Lynx will once again have to harass them. I say use your personal profile and forget about a forum.

pinta

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:06 pm

I don´t think that many of the "idiots" migrated to this board. And there isn´t enough room in the profile to do anything.

Peter

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:43 pm

Well, we can always have a "trial period" or something.

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 7:01 pm

For what? There was a profile forum on CG for the last two years. We know what it´s like.

pigpal

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 7:09 pm

Ferns are another of my interests.

I have a collection of about 45 different varieties of ferns and take perverse pleasure in trying to keep them flourishing in the less than hospitable climate of Northern California. My collection is not as large now as it once was. Alas, many of my oldest and biggest ferns were planted in the shady garden of our previous house and I had to leave them behind when we moved. The new owner particularly admired the yard, so it wasn´t as if I could just uproot them and leave a barren wasteland behind!

I brought many with me in pots and have started a new fern garden in the shade of a huge redwood in our front yard. There were already some nice native ferns growing among the rocks below the redwood, so I had a good start. I´m relieved to discover the deer aren´t at all interested in eating ferns, they go for flowers mostly, which are absent in all kinds of fern.

I greatly admire mosses too!

pinta

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 7:51 pm

E - so don´t read the forum. I never read the CG one(I did at the very beginning) but I admit I might read one here if the word "piggy" isn´t used. Not likely to run into itsy bitsy liddle widdle piggy wiggy talk here.

If people want to write about their pigs I think there should be one place all the profiles can be found.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 8:57 pm

I guess we´ll have to see how the vote goes. I sure have mixed feelings and never wanted a redo of what we had at CG. And I remember having to beg and plead with Jeff and get people to support the idea. Well, live and learn, I tell ya!

I do tend to agree with Pinta that it could be something positive here. I think this forum has a more adult taste to it (though people of all ages are welcome) and it is less likely to be misused.

Pigpal -- I like ferns too. And I love moss. The tulip poplar trees in Virginia have some sort of lichens growing on them that thrive in the cooler weather on the north/shaded side of the trunk. It gives them a nice mottled green appearance. We have some super moss around here too. I had to move a patch of mine -- there used to be a large area, super soft and pleasant to walk on. I think it has been too dry here the last few years which has hit the moss hard.

mon

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2002 12:38 am

I´m sorry I even suggested it!

The reason I did however, was to see more stories like SF´s. Stories about how people became interested in pigs, stories about what makes their gp´s so special. I agree i don´t need the "how cutes", but I thought it would be a good place for people also to post their pictures. I also get confused sometimes, as to who has what pigs and how many. Anyway it doesn´t matter, we could always just use the profile thing.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2002 7:56 am

I agree with you on enjoying that kind of thing. Maybe Seansfamily could do up a post and put a link to it in her profile (I have noticed the links are pretty darn long -- there might be a problem fitting it in the box).

Well, Seansfamily, seems like we want you to tell some more stories here. If you have the time, we´ll listen.

Seansfamily

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:26 pm

I copied all my stories when I thought I was going to be banned from CG. I can make them available in any way decided.

Most of the CG Piggy Profiles were just brief physical descriptions with names and ages of the pigs. But, I remember one that had a very heartwarming story of how the member came to adopt her pig. Posts such as that are true stories and are worth having somewhere.

I think that the story angle rather than a mere "profile" angle should be considered.

I didn´t vote because I didn´t know which choice to select based upon my opinion that it is stories that should be featured.

Thank you so much for appreciating my stories!

pinta

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:37 pm

If they´re put into an existing forum they´re too hard to find if that´s what you´re in the mood to read. Most of the forums are immediate dialogue and if you´ve missed 2 weeks - the threads that have sunk are obsolete. I think Pigtales would be lost.

The stories we´re thinking of are almost storybooklike in character and should be kept together.

I don´t know about banning responses. Sometimes people ask for more info and prompt more details that enhance the original thread. True - the "Aw what a cute story"s are definitely unneccessary. Of course they could just ask questions on a fresh thread......

Yes, SF - I remember the profile you´re talking about. Might have been CAT´s I think CAT had a really nice one about her pigs. Those are the ones worth their own forum.