Baxter's med thread

zazzified

Post   » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Thanks! You are always so quick to respond and helpful. I'm hopeful that since it took him over three years to develop an issue that a trim straightens everything out for a while, but we'll see if we get that lucky!

I'll definitely be making sure that my favorite vet does it so that he's in the best situation possible as far as that goes.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:44 pm

I just have (*sigh*) a good bit of experience with it. Hopefully all goes well, smoothly, and infrequently for Baxter.

zazzified

Post   » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:48 pm

:( I'm sorry. Thanks for the well wishes. Baxter is such a little lovey guy, I hope he doesn't hold a grudge against me. Ha.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Ours don't hold grudges against my husband and me. They know the vet, though. You should see the looks on their faces when they look up and see ... her ... *shiver* (cue ominous music)

zazzified

Post   » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Haha, awww. Jeeves has been to the vet so many times this year (sigh) that he's adjusted and really doesn't mind. Baxter, on the other hand, is not nearly as used to it and is particularly resentful of being poked and prodded in the eyeball so I have a feeling he isn't nearly as understanding.

zazzified

Post   » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:10 pm

Baxter goes in for his trim tomorrow. He hasn't had xrays yet so I imagine he'll have those first - I happen to have tomorrow as a work from home day anyway, so they're taking care of it all while I'm already working from home. Wish us luck! Here's to hoping it's simple and his roots aren't elongated or anything.

egustavson

Post   » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Good luck! Wishing for a simple trim.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:56 pm

Ditto. Keep us posted.

zazzified

Post   » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:13 am

He's all finished and I'll be picking him up in an hour or so - he's ready now but since I'm working I want to go over my normal lunchtime.

The vet said that he didn't have any ulcers or anything like that, and that he doesn't have elongated roots or any other problems other than the teeth being a bit pointy. She evened them out and said for him it was a matter of preventative maintenance. So assuming his teeth work right, I guess it's good news!

zazzified

Post   » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Just got him home and he went straight for the hay. :)

egustavson

Post   » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Good news!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Good news indeed!