Boars Behaving Badly

GPT

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:42 am

Well, if your getting sick of Chuckie, you could always send him to me? :P

Sidera17

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:10 pm

Chuckie is so handsome!

I think it must be the warmer temperatures. Maybe my boys are getting spring fever. o_O I just wish they didn't have spring fever all over the rug and the floor. My mom is going to kill me.

WildRye

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:15 pm

GPT -- His poor buddy Ned might have to take you up on that. ;)

Just kidding. Chuckie's such a funny little guy -- I don't think I could part with him.

rpaws

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:40 pm

Sidera17,
Oh I would so pay to see a video of that. Spike has got to be talented to be able to poop a trail while running to try and hump a poor Chex. I would have thought Chex would be the one to leave the poop trail. Glad he was able to run with the parsley in his mouth. If he made it to safety he enjoyed it.

WildRye,
Mr. Crabpants is absolutely adorable even giving the stinkeye.

Mapleowl18,
Congratulations. Your little piggie must be feeling alot better to be doing that.

Brimstone
For Rocky

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Sorry for the delayed update, it's been a busy month. Those of you following the saga of my pigs will remember that almost a month ago I was planning to introduce our newest pig, Hercules to our cranky old man pig Hermes. We finally did that at the end of February.

Hercules was pretty excited about the idea and couldn't wait to get out of his crappy, old, borrowed cage go see Hermes:
Marble (left) had heard rumors about a new neighbor and was chatting with Hermes about it:
Hercules: "You mean I get to meet him face-to-face this time? Do you think he'll like me?"

There was rumbling, there was some chasing and lots of humping.
Fast forward about an hour later to this:
Hermes was clearly exhausted by the whole experience and needed a nap. Hanging out with teenagers can have that affect on people.

After more floortime when Hercules met the neighbors (through the grids) and I cleaned the cage, the boys settled down to a peace-snack of KM's bluegrass. Hercules was pretty happy with the whole situation:

The H Boys as my spouse now calls them, live quite contentedly together. If we take one out of the cage without the other for too long they call out to each other. They sleep near each other. There are still occasional episodes of humping and daily amounts of rumbling, but all-in-all it's worked out well.

Thanks for the support, everyone!

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:11 pm

I'm glad everything worked out. They are precious Brimstone!

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:23 am

Yes, they are.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Brimstone, they are such gorgeous boys. I'm glad things worked out for them so well. They're going on my pignap list too heh.

Sidera17

Post   » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:35 pm

rpaws- That is Spike's defense mechanism, I guess. Or he's one of those piggies that, when excited too much, poops. Seriously, he can shoot them out rapid-fire. Once, during intros with Riley, he did 40 poops in 30 minutes. And when we gave him a bath, he was so upset he was shooting them out 4 at a time!!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Charlie does that too. He particularly likes to do it when I'm cleaning his butt. Poop poop poop poop like maybe if I do this enough times you'll stop!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:00 pm

"Once, during intros with Riley, he did 40 poops in 30 minutes."

Ha! Kitten did a poop a second when I held her once soon after I got her. Maybe 25 or 30 poops (or more - it was a few years back so I don't have "firm" numbers but I was mightily impressed).

Time for Bad Behavin' Boars II!