Boars Behaving Badly II

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:15 am

TexCavy that is pretty funny and I also love the smiling emoticon after the earlier statement.

Alistair has started doing this ear piercing shriek of a wheek lately whenever he wants something or gets excited. I thought it was James at first because he used to be the more vocal of the two (now they've switched it seems). It's the most high pitched and loud wheek that even outdoes Luna's incredibly (especially for her size) loud excitement wheeks. It was funny at first but sometimes it startles me because he'll do it unexpectedly; like when I was moving some boxes that sometimes have guinea pig play tunnels taken out of them. I completely forgot that I sometimes put those there, but Alistair sure didn't.

Magellan has been a total brat today since I got home. He started getting all huffy and chattering his teeth at poor Phantom (who wasn't doing anything worthy of that) which eventually got Phantom and then James and Alistair (in their own respective cages) going as well. My mom caught him and held him to help calm him down and he instantly squeaked for her happily. Then I told her it's fine to put him down for floor time and he squeaked happily again. He was happy for about half an hour before going into chatter mode at me, then going over to chatter at Phantom again; I think he thought I was going to put him back which I soon did because he was just being a total turd. Now he's fine, munching some pellet mash (he goes between wanting them mashed and wanting them whole) with a little bit of sliced apple in it. But I expect the chattering uproar to start again any time now.

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:41 am

Cinnabuns mom, who taught him all those curse words. ;)

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:42 am

Hah. Probably Magellan, that seems like something he would do haha.

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:44 am

Leave it to a world explorer to corrupt the rest of us. ;)

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:51 am

This is a good start to the new thread: farts, humping, and curses!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:03 am

I don't understand why Mikly would hate Jane and the Dragon. It's awesome. But obviously he has good reason, because Mikly is more awesomer.

Sydspigsmom
Piggy Patron

Post   » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:46 pm

I just have to share this, mostly because I kept blaming my children rather than the true culprit!

Our two boars, Pumpkin and Spice aren't a cuddling pair at all. Most of the time when you see one, the other brother is at the opposite end of the cage. Over the last month or two, Pumpkin had been hanging out in the litter pan in front of the hay: basically blocking his dominant brother from the hay.

Spice then claimed the fiddlesticks as his hideout which was no problem until the food dish kept ending up in there with him. Day after day I would tell my two oldest children not to put the food dish under the fiddlesticks because Spice wouldn't let Pumpkin get to the pellets. They told me repeatedly "We're not mom! They‘re doing it themselves!" There were a few discussions about how could they do that and if it was even possible. It got a little heated a few times.

Fast forward to two weeks ago when I was alone in the house and heard a tiny clinking. I’m pretty good at identifying sounds by ear, but this one was a mystery! So, I followed the sound to the boy's cage and saw Spice scooting backwards, dragging that pellet dish towards his fiddlesticks. He had hooked his teeth over the edge of the pellet dish and was backing it right to where he wanted it!

I accepted my “I told you so, mom!” graciously. I had no other choice.

There has been a new development with the brothers this past week. I posted it here. https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 5&start=40 Just when I thought I had them figured out!

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:48 am

Funny, Pimpinpuji!

Kat

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:24 am

Oh, Sydspigsmom, that is too funny! Your poor kids! My pigs love to rearrange their furniture! Have you tried putting in two pellet bowls?

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:52 am

Sydspigsmom, that is really funny. Cavies can be so sneaky and determined.

I think two of our boys are trying to make me think I'm losing my mind. I thought it was Alistair doing those insanely loud wheeks, but today I saw James doing it (I could see the vibration in his neck), they're such ventriloquists because I don't see their mouths move when they do that. So now I don't know if it's been James this whole time or if they're both doing it. Either way, they are amazingly loud for their size and they do it whenever I reach into the other boys' cage, I reach into the cabinet that their food is kept in, rustle a bag, open the fridge, or move a box that once contained tunnels for them, and sometimes just when I walk by without adoring their boarly selves. I'm not complaining mind you, I just think it's odd that they've started doing this suddenly.

Magellan is getting a real attitude if he doesn't like something now. I took his pellet mash dish out to clean and refill it and he just would not stop chattering his teeth at everything and everyone. Then he got mad at Phantom and they went to polar opposite ends of the cages and flopped down. All was fine again (though they aren't exactly cuddling) when I put the dish back in with some carrot puree (they haven't had carrots in quite some time and they're mad that I'm waiting on my Kleenmama's pellets order so they're not getting their preferred Kleenmama pellets). They've also decided that now is the best time to be picky about pellets in whole or mash form. All they seem to want to eat is salads, and cutting back on that or feeding it all at once hasn't stopped the picky behavior so I've had to increase the amount of veggies they're getting until the Kleenmama's pellets arrive.

Sydspigsmom
Piggy Patron

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:26 pm

We all had a good laugh when we (I) finally figured it all out. We also found out that Spice can only drag the pellet dish straight back, so we started putting it beside the fiddlesticks and he had to stop.

I just love all these "Bad Boar" stories. I think it's so cool how their personalities just come shining through!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:31 pm

I posted about this in Charlie's thread, but right now he is sitting in Snicker's favorite spot. And I know I tend to anthropomorphize my animals, but you cannot tell me Charlie doesn't know that he's in Snickers's spot -- he knows, and he's doing it on purpose. And Snickers is alternately being sad and plotting his revenge. They certainly are entertaining!