Sakura - Medical Thread

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Sakura is such a pretty girl. Hope she gets better soon.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:50 pm

Brave AND beautiful. :))) I hope she feels better soon (ditto what the others said about Bactrim).

Agree -- very cool carrier. Which one is it?

LainLockey

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:57 pm

She's such a good and brave girl! Sending good thoughts and happy juju her way!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:39 pm

Thanks for the well wishes!

Sakura seems to be feeling all right. She is eating and drinking. She is annoyed at me because I keep trying to check her bottom.

I gave her some Bactrim this morning.

The carrier is an Avior Pet Carrier. It is very nice and roomy inside. The top opens from either end, or can be removed completely. It can be secured inside the car with a seatbelt. It is much easier to get a reluctant guinea pig out of this carrier than the traditional cat carrier I used previously. I found mine on Ebay.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:50 pm

"Can she take Bactrim at the same time as Metronidazole?"

Yes.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:07 am

Sakura finished the course of Metronidazole, and her poop looks much better now.

Today I picked up a refill of Bactrim, to be given for 14 more days.

She is still getting 50mg of Vitamin C in the morning.

Her incontinence is slowly improving, and I really hope that I haven't jinxed things by typing that. It has been quite a rollercoaster ride -- Sakura would have one good day, and the next day or two would be a complete setback.

She has had two good days in a row, so I'm cheering cautiously.

I've been swapping out the wet/dirty cage pads as often as I can, but parts of her beautiful white fur have become quite stained. I tried to gently remove the stains from her fur by bathing her, but it doesn't seem to wash out easily. Bathing in general scares her, and I don't want to overwhelm her when she's not healthy.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:14 pm

Glad to hear you are making some headway. I hope the incontinence and poops stay improved.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:30 am

Except for last Wednesday, Sakura has had a good week.

She actually wheeked for treats, which she hasn't done since February. (Of course, I promptly brought treats to Miss Sakura.)

I am cautiously cheering again: Her bottom has been dry each time I've checked these past few days.

She has 7 more days of Bactrim (she's been taking it since March 14th).

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 am

That's great news! :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:03 am

Yay! Keep it up, Sakura!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Good going, Sakura!

BeanieBaby11

Post   » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:50 pm

Sakura is such a good, brave girl! I'm pretty sure dirty bum is different from wet bum as far as incontinence goes, but I could be wrong.