Boars Behaving Badly II

happiestgirl

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:40 pm

Hehehe Charlie's normally sweet behavior belies his subversive nature ;)

Kat

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Unfortunately, both my boys are little escape artists. Usually it's Bumby (the womaniser) who manages to get out, and then goes straight to the girls cage to try and get in.

We've managed to block off Bumby's escape routes now, but the other day I hadn't re-assembled the cage properly after cleaning and Mr Fuzzbucket (the quiet, pensive, snuggly one) snuck out when I was out of the room.

The first I knew that something was up was when the girls started squealing at the top of their lungs. I walked into the room to find Mr Fuzzbucket completely ignoring the girls, just wondering around in his own little world and exploring. He was so adorable that I let him have some impromptu floor time before putting him back.

Sidera17

Post   » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:08 pm

cochon- I love your piggy names! I have a Riley, and Jeff is my boyfriend's name, so it was interesting to read your post. *lol*

cochon

Post   » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:22 pm

Ha! That's funny Sidera. I actually met a guy named Riley, and I was like, "Oh, that's my guinea pigs name!" He looked at me like I was nuts and said "uh... cool." It took some self-restraint not to show him a picture :)

The boys are on this really cute snowman-patterned fleece right now, even though that season has passed. They keep pushing everything to one end of the cage and dragging back the fleece. I think they're trying to tell me to do laundry, haha. It was almost halfway back when I got up this morning! This is the only one they pull back, too.

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:54 am

So, my boys tend to react very oddly to the vaccuum cleaner, and get these random bursts of excitement and energy. Yesterday, while I was cleaning their cage, the excitement led to a serious humping session, where they kept circling and mounting it each other, it was so ridiculous!

Afterwards, though, I heard some serious whining and nagging, but decided to leave them alone. When I came back into the room, the hay bowl had been knocked over, and all the hay was lying outside the cage, and they just kept complaining to me as if to say "It wasn't me, I swear, he did it! It's his fault!" UGH!

Ten minutes later I gave a little lemongrass for experimentation (they've never had it before), and instead of eating it, Pinky took each leaf off the pile and tossed it at The Brain.

I threatened to send them to Peru, but they didn't even bat an eye.

Sidera17

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:12 am

cochon- I have out of season snowman fleece too! It is Spike's favorite, so it gets used all year round for him. He's too spoiled. XD

clairey

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:18 am

Alan gave me a quick burst of stank while he was getting his morning loving. He always turns his bum out (apparently in pleasure since he lies down and yawns too) and usually I don't smell it because he's in the cage in front of me and I'm kneeling. Today I leaned over him instead. I won't be doing that again!

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:23 am

Hehe Sydspigsmom.

Robin Piggy does that all the time. He even does it while Linus is eating out of a pellet bowl. He grabs it with his little teeth and pulls. it away from Linus, takes a bite, then Linus kicks him off the bowl eats, and then Robin pulls it away again. Eventually one of them gets bored with it and goes to the other food bowl, but they'll do this several times.

Also the other day when I had been late with the hay, I came home to a tipped over Windespirit tunnel, and a tipped over Jen's Custom Craft house. Ovbiously they were complaining about the service.

Also Robin likes to move where the huts, and cuddle saks until they are exactly where he wants them. My husband calls him our designer piggy.

cochon

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:31 pm

How are your boys with nail trims?

Today was trimming day, and we always have to brace ourselves for it. Riley is usually pretty well-behaved. He'll sit still even as he looks at you with those big pitiful eyes. Jeffrey, on the other hand, acts like his whole world is crashing down around him. He squeals and cries even when it doesn't hurt - I know this because he does it before we even clip down! Today we gave him a little break and set down the clipper by him. He full out attacked it! Complete with lunging and biting! (Don't worry; he got the handle and it was closed anyway.) Oh man my abs hurt from laughing so hard.

sammianne

Post   » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:19 am

Oh clairey that is too funny!

clairey

Post   » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:28 am

Something strange is happening in the pigpen. At this point I'm as sure as I can be that Alan isn't ill, but something's off. He's the designated wheeker. There were no breakfast wheeks. He was begging eagerly at the side of the cage as usual (they are hand-fed the first morsels) but ran away to the corner to eat. He very rarely does that. Even more oddly Stephen didn't run off and he generally does. If I'm not prompt with the hay and pellets afterwards I get wheekd. Not today. Alan finished his veg and went back to bed.

Worried, I checked his eyes, nose, weight and bottom parts and watched for a bit. He was chomping hay and pooping as usual. I figured maybe it's an off day and I can keep an eye on him.

They had a little broccoli for dinner last night and, concerned it may be gas, I opened the cage up to see if he'd perk up with exercise. Alan is normally first out cos I always provide goodies and he is Mr Brave. Not today. Stephen eventually got brave enough to come out without Alan and only when Alan heard Stephen chomping did he warily come to see what I had. He was much spookier than usual, made more obvious by Stephen's unusual confidence.

They have been chattering and bickering a bit of late and unless Alan is actually ill and hiding it, I think maybe the top-peeg crown has been passed to Stephen. No-one has any wounds I can see to indicate an actual fight.

I have been known to complain when they do wheek, but this silence is unnerving me no end. I think I'll put Alan in a pet store cage for an hour or so just to double check what he's passing. I want my cheeky wheeky boy back!

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:46 am

Aww Clairey! I hope it is all just a matter of dominance, rather than an illness!