Show your cage III

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:11 am

Cfoster, do the piggies mind the noise of the tv? I've often thought of lifting mine off the ground, but the only area available would put them right next to the tv.

If they're ok with the noise, that helps my decision!

GPT

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:52 pm

There is another level at the bottom not shown, it will be my storage level

Still has to be painted, the ramps fixed up, then perspex put on the front and the open side and done!

Give me your honest opinions guys :) Not much I can change now, but I still would like to hear

Hunybee

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:14 pm

It looks pretty cool. Have you figured out what kind of bedding your going to use?

GPT

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Ya probably just shavings, I'm not allowed use fleece :( My Mother insists it is unhygienic and stuff so ya. I'm putting fleece in which ever level will be their bedroom level though

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:48 pm

Are you using perspex or linoleum or something under the shavings? I think you probably really want to -- even treated wood will get distorted and gross with pig pee on it.

GPT

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:02 pm

I think my Mother has some kind of plastic stuff she is putting down to keep it dry :)

cfoster1966

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:05 pm

pimpinpuji...they don't seem to mind the noise of the TV. Once in awhile if there is a loud noise, like a slam of a door or something, they will all scatter but that is what they do when my dogs bark or someone sneezes as well. :)

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:05 am

"I think my Mother has some kind of plastic stuff she is putting down to keep it dry :) "

GPT, your cage looks very interesting. Your dad is very talented at building things!

What kind of plastic stuff will your mother be putting underneath the shavings? Soft filmy plastic, such as plastic bags or the kind of plastic used for puppy pads and incontinence pads, are not safe for guinea pigs to chew and ingest.

GPT

Post   » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:51 am

Yeah I have to ask her, it's like a tough plastic, they won't be able to chew on it for sure, they won't be able to get at any corners :)

Oh and thanks :) We had to improvise because C&Cs here are over €100

GPT

Post   » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:51 pm

Cage will be done tomorrow! Just have to put on the perspex!

BeanieBaby11

Post   » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:00 pm

I can't wait to see it! I'm so happy that you were determined enough to come up with a suitable, alternative, and cheaper cage to make! Your guinea pigs will appreciate it so much!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:18 pm

I just have a quick question.
How do you make sure your lower cage (in a stacked cage) gets enough light?