Boars Behaving Badly II

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:10 pm

Red peppers don't seem to make my pigs fart, Sidera. It's the green ones that are supposed to.

jlthomas79

Post   » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:59 pm

I recently discovered that Shadow likes to have his floor time near our really big fire place. It has a stone ledge and has the rocks all built up in it. He likes to try and do a little "rock climbing" I guess then gets peeved and chatters at them and tries to bite the rocks. I of course don't let him for fear of breaking his teeth. But now when he is on the floor he makes a bee line for it chatters at the rocks tries to climb and starts biting it! When he has floor time tonight I will have to try and get a picture because really it's just to funny.
I also had to take his little ramp out of his cage now that he knows how to get to the second level with out it. At night as I am going to bed to get my attention he will stand under it and hop under it like mad slamming it up and down. I love how much personality he has!

clairey

Post   » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:03 pm

This is a little gross, but I had to share. It served as a reminder why I check the boys' sacs and boar-parts and it HAS to be done.

Stephen showed no outward sign of penis distension or discomfort. There was literally nothing to see. Yet as soon as I began extruding his penis for a general check, I found one rather long, very hard string of boar glue right up in there and also a smaller, thinner one. The look of relief on his furry little face when I gently removed it spoke volumes. This was an infection waiting to happen. Hopefully I found it in time, there doesn't seem to be any irritation.

It's 2cm long when uncurled (Oh the gross things this board has led me to do!).

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:16 pm

Yep, that is why inspecting their boarly parts is very important :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Gee, and here I thought you had drawn a smilie face on a ruler to entertain us!

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:23 pm

Just eww. I gotta do that tomorrow.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:50 pm

Snickers says what's what.

clairey

Post   » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:28 am

Lynx - hahahha!

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:14 pm

Clairey! Haha!! That is an amazing catch, though. Imagine Stephen's comfort!

clairey

Post   » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:08 pm

I swear "Oh, ow, oh! Ahhhhhh!" was clearly in his little face when I got it out. Then he promptly pancaked on my chest.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:27 pm

I've got to do boar bit checks when my fiance gets back. Up until now we've just had the veterinarian's do it because we've been afraid of hurting them or them getting aggressive and trying to bite out of fear or something. He doesn't seem to think that we really "have" to do it or very often at all but with how humpy James is and has been towards Alistair, I think it'll be a good idea. I've read the page but I'm still not entirely sure how to extrude it without hurting them by accident.

Ah the "joys" of boar ownership. Still, I'll take those things over ovarian cysts any day (knock on wood we haven't had that problem yet but I worry about it all the time with the girls).

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:30 pm

Just play around gently. I find that holding Charlie with his back against my chest, like you'd have a toddler sit in your lap, and gently pulling the skin back with two fingers of one hand works the best. It's kind of obvious once you figure it out, and it doesn't hurt them. It hurts their PRIDE, obviously, but it doesn't HURT. :)