Petco Coolest Pet Pad Contest

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:04 pm

Alisha rocks in every way, it couldn't have gone to a more deserving person :-)

mmercedesmom
Supporter in '09

Post   » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:16 pm

You should get partial credit Jen! She ordered the cage furnishings from you! :-)

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:19 pm

She picked out the fabrics and designed everything so I give her all credit. Here cage is huge and they are deserving piggies from a wonderful rescue. It's just great all the way around :-)

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:05 am

Yay! I'm so glad something good came out of this.

3popcornpiggies

Post   » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:44 am

Thanks to everyone for their thanks & support! I appreciate it so very much!! I'm so glad lots of C&C cages were entered & hopefully some awareness was spread through all this! Yes Jen you deserve some thanks because although I picked it out, it was your amazing craftwork that made my cage complete! :) Due to financial difficulties, I'll be helping my parents out by buying dog food since he's on the very expensive Prescription ZD Diet. I will be needing help w/ finances for college, so this is a good way that I can help funds for my parents. There's so many deserving people & I'm more than privelaged & thankful for getting the giftcard. Thanks again to everyone that voted for me!! =]

Pikatot

Post   » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:47 am

Aww yay! Congrats Alisha! I really do love your cage and I'm glad you won :] That's a great way to spend the giftcard, you're so thoughtful and I'm sure your parents and dog will be grateful. How much is the gift card for?

Aertyn

Post   » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:38 am

That's really cool that a C+C got picked :)

Any chance people could post what they entered here? The Petco website doesn't work in Australia (at least it doesn't work for me) so I could not view or vote for any of the entries :(

Kat

Post   » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:00 am

It didn't work for me, either, Aertyn.

Hunybee

Post   » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:54 am

I am so glad a C&C cage won and a GL member to boot. I thought for certain we were going to get beat out by a rat or a ferret cage. Those are so full of activity. And poor Guinea Pigs are couch potatoes!

3popcornpiggies

Post   » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:54 pm

Thanks everyone! Pikatot: it's a $200.00 Petco Giftcard.

For everyone who couldn't view or vote, here's what it looked like:

My 5 wonderful guinea pigs live in a C&C (cubes and coroplast) cage. It was extremely easy to build and it has lots of space for them to run around and do "zoomies" in. They have fleece as their bedding which makes it real nice under their tender feetsies! The first level is the common area for play and sleep time and the second level is for food! I use care fresh or shavings in the bottom of their LARGE hay bin. Piggies need lots of hay and good healthy pellets, along with fresh veggies everyday. My 5 guinea pigs are living the life in their Leopard palace!
*I forgot to mention that 4 out of the 5 are rescued piggies.

Here are the pics I submitted

I wish it would have started now because I got a new ramp and something else added to the cage. I'm just so very thankful that I got the opportunity to show my cage and get a prize for having a suitable cage for guinea pigs. I just hope that awareness was spread about C&C cages & hopefully people learned some things! :)

Thanks again to everyone! =]

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:58 pm

I love the black coro with the leopard pattern. Very awesome. And the tablecloth underneath is the perfect color too.

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Congrats!