Boars Behaving Badly II

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:32 pm

Snickers bit me! It was a warning shot as I was rubbing his chin -- which he used to like -- and I don't think he meant it to hurt much, but it did. It drew blood! Then he licked all my fingers, but I really doubt it was an apology.

GPT

Post   » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:50 am

Hmm, I'm kind of worried about my trio.
Since I moved them into their new, way bigger cage they have been fighting a lot more. Mostly between Pinky and Toffee, Gizmo doesn't like to fight and doesn't get into them. Pinky has some little bald patches on his rump and scabs from getting bit and today when I came home, Toffee was sporting a lovely bloody nose :( Looks like he got bit in the face. It wasn't too bad (doesn't require vet attention) but he was bit enough to have a little trickle running down.

I don't know if I should seperate or not, I don't want them really hurting each other. :S

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:37 pm

If he got bit on the nose, its time to seperate.

Basically the idea is keep them together, and seperate if there's blood drawn. I'd divide your cage or put one in another cage, nearby, so they can still squeak at each other and rumble, but not nip.

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:24 pm

Ok, first let me say that we never have humping over here and rarely bickering. I have come in contact with boar glue maybe once...I know ya'll want to shoot me now.

The reason I say this is because I have never really checked my boys out down there except for their bums. I tried and tried just now to get Patches' manhood to come out and I just couldn't. I have seen him clean himself. I think I'm scared to push something I'm not supposed to!

Also, I have always cleaned their bums with mineral oil and a q-tip and I can never get it all the way "clean." I shouldn't rub too much though right?

GPT

Post   » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:41 am

Ya I guess I better seperate :(
I have been putting it off because I think he'll be lonely :(

GPT

Post   » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:54 am

Oh and is there any excercises I can do with them, to help? Cause I really don't want to split them up, without a fight

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:11 am

They don't have to be lonely if you have side by side cages or divide your current cage.

Here is my silly male piggies. Once Robin hit adolesance head on they started fighting because he couldn't be a proper submissive pig with his hormones short circuiting his brain.

So I divided them and Robins reaction was immediate. He pop-corned all around his cage nibbled some pellet, drank some water, nibbled his hay, chewed on the bars to get Linus' attention, waited a second to see if Linus responded and they could practice doing the piggy equivalent of flicking each other off, (rumble strutting, and flipping their pernial sak), if Linus didn't he'd run around the cage pop-corning and repeat the cycle.

Linus on the other hand couldn't have cared less, and continued concentrating on his one true love; hay. Of course usually when I went to bed I would find them sleeping next to each other, on their perches. Silly piggies.

After about 6 monthes when I was sure Robin was out of adolescence and they seemed to be doing fine I reintroduced them. They're doing fine now, and both have calmed down as they approach age 2.

TexCavy

Post   » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:31 pm

Milkyway farted again during cuddle time. Twice in one setting this time. But this time with each poot he raised his nose in the air and sniffed with a questioning look. As if to say, "What's that? Who did it? It sure wasn't me."

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:40 am

Maybe he just doesn't like what's on TV.

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:00 am

That's the excuse you made for him last time. ;)
Hmmm, what would he rather watch? Oh! I need to find a vegetarian program on the Food Network. That should do it. heheh

CavyPrincesses

Post   » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:05 am

Haha! That was funnY! How's the smell?

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:06 am

Same as before. Rotten! ;)