The Princess and the Flower

tashab

Post   » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:49 pm

I'm planning an update for this weekend GuineaPinny and it'll hopefully be the start of regular updates :)
Now if I can just get my schedule to cooperate, and the girls to sit still for the camera . . .

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:07 pm

Bribes. It's all about the bribes. :)

CavyPrincesses

Post   » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:31 am

Hoping for some Rosie and Princess updates :D

tashab

Post   » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:07 pm

My little darlings have been quite the divas lately.

There have been demands for new outfits to show off their gorgeous figures

Compromises have been forced, so that piggies could sleep together, but not actually touch

With all the wheeking, bar-chewing and other demands, I thought that all might be lost - until I tossed them the fabric I had purchased to make them some sleeping sacks.
Can you spot the piggy?

I think I might see something

Aha! There's our little Princess!

I think this means that I'm not getting that fabric back!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:51 pm

I like the little grin under the last picture :-)

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:30 am

No sewing required. Genius!

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:32 am

Ha, Princess truly is smiling :)

tashab

Post   » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Although we live in a basement apartment, it's a nice basement apartment, complete with a backyard garden. The landlord actually made it a condition in our lease that the garden be taken care of.
Last summer, with all of Princess's health issues, I was too terrified to take her (or Rosie) outside for fear that they would catch something that would only aggrevate the problems further.
I seem to have caught a little bit of spring fever this year, and since Princess is in much better health, there was a brief outdoor adventure yesterday.
At first Rosie was a little unsure - "What's this stuff mom?"

But then she realized that the ground was made of food! Here she is with her mouth full.

Here she is enjoying some sunshine with me

Princess on the other hand, once she got over the initial uncertainty, decided that she wanted to explore the entire yard, as quickly as possible. This resulted in 1 dropped (but ok) camera, and an immediate lack of photos. Naughty girl!
To make up for this, I have a photo of the results of Princess vs. tomatoes.

Princess makes sure to always thoroughly defeat the tomato enemy!

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:37 pm

Cute photos and great descriptions! Die evil tomato. Die!

LainLockey

Post   » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:22 pm

How did I ever miss this? Rosie and Princess are two of my most favoritest girlies on the site :) I love the outdoor photos! You have such a cute yard! My piggies like going out onto the terrace - but unfortunately we don't have any grass.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:19 pm

What a great little garden, tashab!

I have to say I am extremely afraid of her bolting out of it though. It looks like she could easily get under the fence on two sides at least. I've seen guinea pigs startled outside and they just run for the hills. The wide open sky is very scary. Is there any way you could secure the location or at least put some grids around her?

Sorry to sound worried but my most laid back pig ran off and hid under a bush for some time. I had a difficult time getting her out. Looks like you are near a road.

tashab

Post   » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:39 pm

I 100% understand your concern Lynx!
This was a quick 5 minute test to see if they would actually be ok with being outside (supervised of course). The SO & I we right next to her, sitting, so she didn't get farther than arm's reach away. It still scared the heck outta me though!
The plan was/is to get either some more grids, or one of those bottomless, circular puppy pen kit things for the yard so we can actually enjoy the sun with them.
What looks like a road is actually the driveway of the house next door. There's a bit of a drop, so I still wouldn't want her anywhere near that!