New and Have a Few Questions

Tuggell

Post   » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:04 pm

jedifreac- I use tissue boxes too! The hay makes me sneeze, and then, the hay goes in the empty box. It's a fantastic little circle.

Hunybee- I've been using Oxbow, but all those darn sticks are driving me crazy! I doubt I'm even able to use a whole bag.

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:11 pm

I am sure they will love the 3rd cut!

I am excited. I have been talking with my cousin about getting her pig out of a pet store cage and she finally bought the Midwest cage on Amazon. I told her all the cage options, and she decided that option was best. I want one just to have along with my C&C!

Babzy

Post   » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:09 pm

I think I'm going to make my own kitchen section, those separate pieces are so expensive! I don't know why considering the price of the whole cage is a steal.

I'm glad to hear other people have the midwest cages I was nervous that everyone was going to tell me that they weren't good enough.

rshevin

Post   » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:32 pm

We're big fans of appropriate space for piggies. As long as it's safely designed, we don't care how you do it. :) We don't have many members with the midwest cage though. I'm sure everyone would be interested in some pictures and notes on how you like or dislike it.

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:16 pm

I can't believe how cheap it is! My cousin bought one for like $35.00 and paid zero shipping!

She only has one pig, and she has had him for a while. While it is sad that he is alone, what if she can't afford the care of another pig? I don't think she has ever taken him to the vet and I am giving her links, links, and more links on care and food. She was told by the pet store NOT to give him anything green. Ugggg. I try not to be too pushy...just give her the info.

theamazingbox

Post   » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:54 pm

My pigs absolutely love the paper bag method. I also often tuck in some bits of carrot or cilantro.

When you hear a loud *rip*, it means they managed to get the prize!

Except one of my portly pigs. He just eats the end of the lunchbag.

theamazingbox

Post   » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:55 pm

My pigs absolutely love the paper bag method. I also often tuck in some bits of carrot or cilantro.

When you hear a loud *rip*, it means they managed to get the prize!

Except one of my portly pigs. He just eats the end of the lunchbag.

I also get the Oxbow and my bedding sent from Foster & Smith. Four 4 cubic foot bags of aspen and E0 lbs of Oxbow pellets every month make for a nice fat gift card for our FedEx guy at Christmas :)

Babzy

Post   » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:17 am

Just picked up the two girls! I'm so excited! I already saw the gray/black and white one popcorn twice!! So anyway I only have a few pictures right now, here they are --

Here's me holding them at my mom's office where I picked them up.

Then in the crate on the way home.

And here's the first girl underneath the cozy cavy.

And the other girl sitting in the sad attempt of a hay holder I made, but she seems to love it!

I used an old hamster cage bottom as their kitchen I'm going to see if that works out. I just wish it was a little longer so it would cover the whole area.

Oh and the hay I have right now is Kaytee brand, along with the food unfortunately. I'm still waiting for my shipment of hay from KM to get here and I'm going out to buy Oxbow Alfalfa pellets today.

Tuggell

Post   » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:46 am

Aw, matching pigs! That's so cute with their similar markings. Do you have name ideas yet?

Pikatot

Post   » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:38 pm

They are adorable! Congrats! My favorite picture is the one of them in the crate on the way home :] Looking forward to more pics!

Babzy

Post   » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:54 pm

My sister has too many name ideas and I have barely any. She likes April, Cupcake, and Annabelle and I like Daisy. Ideas are welcome!! I got two more pictures of them hiding, since that's all they've been doing since I brought them home. I haven't seen them drink at all, should I be worried?

TexCavy

Post   » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:01 pm

I have a name resource of unusual names. Its unfinished. i'm very bad about not finishing projects. But many of the pages are done. Here is the link to the main page with all the unfinished pages in green and the done ones are linked up.
http://www.texcavy.com/tmplt-names.html

Those little ones are very cute.