New and Have a Few Questions

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:03 pm

I like Cupcake. I also like names that follow themes; that's my idiosyncrasy! So I'd go with something like Cupcake and Danish. Cupcake and Muffin. Etc.

Babzy

Post   » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:09 pm

Ah! I really like Penny for the reddish-brown one! I may just have to choose that! Got it from your website TexCavy thanks! Now just for the other... I agree with you Alden about doing the matching names but I don't know what goes with Penny.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:13 pm

Oh, we can do that.

If you like Doctor Horrible, you can go with Billy.

The other one's kind of grayish, you could call her Nickel (Nikki for short?).

Candy.

Whistle.

etc.

TexCavy

Post   » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:26 pm

Oh I love Nickel. I don't think I have heard of a piggy with that name before.

Kaglaaz

Post   » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:57 pm

We've talked about adding a 3rd piggy here in the future once we have more room... her name will also be on a theme with Clover and Shamrock... her name will be Ivy. CSI for short :)

As for them not drinking, I think it took my girls a day or two to figure out where the water bottle was. Seems like they discovered it late at night when the house was quiet. But I'm a night owl so I heard when they found it.

Tuggell

Post   » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:19 pm

What about Penny and Jingle? Like how change jingles.

Sometimes if I hold the water bottle to my pigs face, they'll take a sip. I don't know if your girls would still be too shy, but if you're worried, you could try.

Pikatot

Post   » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:38 pm

My girls both scared me for a little by not drinking out of the water bottle. They'll be fine. They're just getting acclimated to their new surroundings and being cautious. And if they're eating their veggies, those have water in them :]

Even now, if we go to someone else's house, they don't drink as much.

Kermie831

Post   » Sat May 01, 2010 3:02 am

They are adorable! congrats!

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat May 01, 2010 3:05 am

Congratulations!

CavyPrincesses

Post   » Sat May 01, 2010 3:40 am

Aww I love them alreADY! Congrats!

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Sat May 01, 2010 3:49 pm

They are sweet. Just wet down their veggies. They will get used to the bottle. How old are they?

Babzy

Post   » Sat May 01, 2010 5:58 pm

They are only three months old, I didn't hear their story until I went to pick them up. The guy said his wife bought what she thought was two girls at petsmart (noo!) and they had babies.

They've been using the bottle now and eating their veggies and food. I decided to name the other one Sundae because she reminds me of vanilla icecream with chocolate syrup and some caramel as well. Penny and Sundae don't match in names but I think they have a nice ring.

Both of them were out more today so I took them out of the cage and held them for a while in their bed. They weren't very active just kind of hung out and sniffed around. Sundae is so vocal it's adorable, although I'm not sure exactly what her sounds mean, I think sometimes it might be bad. I looked up what they were earlier but sometimes it's hard to distinguish.