Boars Behaving Badly II

Sidera17

Post   » Mon May 03, 2010 8:12 pm

We can't leave ANY grain products out near Spike. During floor time, we have caught him under the kitchen table eating pizza crust, vanilla wafers, macaroni, and, his favorite, pretzels. X_X

TexCavy

Post   » Mon May 03, 2010 8:15 pm

Miss Zee was bad about grabbing anything and everything food. One wouldn't dare to eat a sandwich while holding her. She would have grabbed as huge a bite of the bread and meat and veggies as she could manage.

Sidera17

Post   » Tue May 04, 2010 6:14 pm

I can't picture the fashionable Ms. Zee eating like that! XD

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Tue May 04, 2010 8:16 pm

Guess who has boar glue on his nose and bottom lip.

Tried to get a picture.

They should really bottle this stuff. I was chatting with my mom online and told her and explained that it was his "happy juice." She told me that her night was now complete. HA!

Sidera17

Post   » Tue May 04, 2010 11:18 pm

Don'tcha love it when it's there? You can't even get it off.

Feylin

Post   » Wed May 05, 2010 12:37 am

Ruh roh. I know what Patches was doing......

clairey

Post   » Wed May 05, 2010 10:52 am

Tsk Patches, you have to learn to wipe it off while it's still wet or we all know what you've been up to.

Alan has a bald chin again. As soon as it grows out to normal length it disappears.

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Wed May 05, 2010 7:08 pm

You know you've had boars too long when someone shows you a nasty "dominance scratch"; you take one look at it, calmly tell the person exactly how to treat it and then reach into your bag and pull out the proper perscription ointments to take care of it. <sigh>

TexCavy

Post   » Wed May 05, 2010 7:56 pm

How about when you try the piggies prescription ointment on your own injuries? ;)

Robyn3939
Lethal Lover

Post   » Wed May 05, 2010 10:03 pm

I have some questions about my two bratty boars. Here's some background first. Elvis and Henry are 3 and 2.5 yrs old. Elvis lost his cagemate (they lived together seperated by bars) and I adopted Henry. Now both boys live in a 2x4 cage with two of everything and no pigaloos. I put them together two weeks ago...Sunday it will be three weeks. They had the usual dominance games going on. Then it seemed like it was settled. I thought we were home free. I did notice spots on Elvis where he had his hair pulled out by Henry. Henry also sported some battlewounds to his face area. Everything is healing up fine.

My question is that everyday they "tussle"...meaning they roll around in a furball. They do this one or two times a day. The rest of the time they sleep apart, like they are keeping an eye on each other or they are eating together at a hay rack or sharing a piece of lettuce. The tussles are starting to bother me more than them. Should I keep them together? I haven't noticed any new wounds and I don't want the tussles to esculate to something more serious. When is enough..enough?
Does this still sound like normal boar stuff?

When they come out for floor time at night, I seperate them so they can each have alone time. The would squabble and fight too much when not seperated. They seem to enjoy this and when put back together, just sniff each other, rumble a bit and go on as usual.

I understand that this domiance dance could go on a lot longer. I just don't want then to bite each other and draw lots of blood or I don't want to come home or wake up one morning to one of them in serious trouble. When they are getting along they seem like good friends. I don't know what sets off the tussle, but they do it and it's done and they go about their business after Elvis yells at Henry a bit.

clairey

Post   » Thu May 06, 2010 6:07 am

Are they both maintaining steady weight? I would weigh them maybe twice a week to be sure. Weight loss would indicate whether one of them is being bullied from the food bowl or over-stressed.

Was there a reason Elvis didn't live with his previous piggy pal?

I'm lucky in that my boars have never gotten into the ball of fur situation so I have no advice on that. I'll leave that to the real bad boar experts.

Sidera17

Post   » Thu May 06, 2010 9:34 am

Hmm..... Well, the rule is, if they draw blood, separate. It's hard to call, because I know the "rolling ball of fur" you're describing. My boars did that, and it didn't draw blood, but seeing my guinea pig rear up on his hind legs like a grizzly was freaky.

Could it be possible they want more space than a 2x4? My three boys can't get along, in any combination, unless they have the entire kitchen floor to run around on.