Wheekly Tales from the Timothy Bin Vol 6

BeanieBaby11

Post   » Tue May 04, 2010 4:19 pm

Ooh, looks very interesting.
What do you use underneath to catch the mess though?
And the poop stays on top too, right?

lissie

Post   » Tue May 04, 2010 5:48 pm

I used to have puppy pads or newspaper underneath. I don't use this system anymore. It's too hard to clean in my opinion (unlike Momo, I don't have a guy who helps with cage cleaning). Poop stays on top, but hay kinda sticks to the holes. The tiles have these tiny legs scattered around underneath making it not easy to wipe clean for weekly cleaning. Maybe Momo can take some pics and let you know how she made it work for her.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue May 04, 2010 8:42 pm

Bugsmom, we have missed you. :)
How have you been?
We thought about you during our dinner, since we sort of celebrated our last one with you and Lady Bug! :)
We might be heading up your way again for our camping trip this summer... The rafting trip we had to cancel last year due to my broken ankle?

For most of the times, you won't even be able to tell that Beibei is out of sorts. For a year and half, we literally forgot about it, well, except during her twice-yearly check up and when the tumor shifts and such.
Thank you for the encouragement, it is always a guessing game with her. Is today going to be a good day? And so far, yes it is! :)

Hello lissie, the epilator is the surprise of the century.
But then again, once chicken wires and freebie crayfish comes through the door, anything is possible.
I am not sure why, but the hay-stick-in-the-hole doesn't seem to bad when you rinse everything in diluted bleach and everything just comes off...
Thanks to Lissie, this works so well we've been really stretching our Carefresh too.
The tiles keep the bedding in place, so the pigs aren't able to kick them up or displace when they walk/run around.
This suppresses the odor, and you get a much longer mileage out of Carefresh.
For the same reason, there is literally no dust from the bedding now.
It saves momo a lot of wheezing and coughing!

Unfortunately for you... (but fortunately for me), this kitchen/tile system work so well for us that we only need to gut it out for cleaning once a week,
and we do it on Fridays.
So I will take pictures this Friday for the steps of setting up, taking down and cleaning the kitchen system,
then you all can decide for yourselves.

Came after a long day today, and found Tamago and Beibei sleeping physically as far apart as possible from each other.
Beibei in a cocoon.
Tamago under her tent.

and goodness, of course, Emma who think the entire world has wronged her...
Emma, is there anything I can do to make your life even just a tad better?
Yes... go away hooman!

lissie

Post   » Tue May 04, 2010 9:11 pm

My my... Come to me Emma.. I have 3 boys you can harass. That will cheer you up! :P

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue May 04, 2010 9:41 pm

*warrior stance*
Let the fun begin!

TexCavy

Post   » Tue May 04, 2010 10:01 pm

I LOVE that pic. :)

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue May 04, 2010 10:02 pm

Too cute!

CavyConfusion
Cavy Slave since '05

Post   » Tue May 04, 2010 11:05 pm

Emma looks so serious (and cute) in her warrior stance. Happy Anniversary

Sidera17

Post   » Tue May 04, 2010 11:22 pm

Emma has the dramatic hair to be in one of those 19th century novels. *lol*

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed May 05, 2010 4:14 am

I am sure Tamago would like to live here! I'll send her a ticket :) Thanks! I hope you don't miss her too much :)

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed May 05, 2010 9:50 am

I do remember your last anniversary very well. I always imagined how cute it was when you guys were eating with sweet Mojo sitting with you in the restaurant : ) He was such a good boy.

If you make your trip up here around the end of August I should be able to send you home with some great tomatoes-organic, of course. I'm even growing an heirloom stripy orange one this year. Should be good.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Thu May 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Happy belated anniversary!

Sorry to read about Beibei but she's keeping on going as she doesn't want to check out yet, I know only too well the 'one day at a time' mantra. :o)