Guinea pig pups - weight chart

caruba
Supporter in '10

Post   » Tue May 04, 2010 11:44 pm

Yup, Caramel was always the lightest. Only now is she approx. the same weight as Mocha, around 300g (don't have the boys anymore for comparison - they must be even heavier by now).

I don't remember if each jump exactly correlates with a milk bar day - I am pretty sure there were more milk bar days than weight jumps, but I am absolutely certain that it helped her development tremendously!

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed May 05, 2010 9:17 am

I love the video where butter steals the lettuce back from her babies. Its like darn kids, milk is one thing but the lettuce is mine.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed May 05, 2010 9:48 am

Rex piggies are bigger than average, so when they are born, they are a bit bigger and therefore need to weigh more than the average piggie. A baby Rex should weigh 80 grams (0.18 pound) at least at birth, otherwise they are considered dangerously underweight. 140 grams (0.3 pound) at birth for a Rex is very normal.

rkog

Post   » Wed May 05, 2010 10:20 am

Are there any weight charts comparing the breeds? A few have stated the belief that Abby pigs may be smaller. Janus is hovering around 900 grams. I certainly hope he gets bigger, both weight and length-wise.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed May 05, 2010 10:33 am

PPP, you might notice I posted on that thread that I had linked to it from JHand's page of weights (I think I did anyway).

Have a little time now and will add caruba's info.

caruba
Supporter in '10

Post   » Wed May 05, 2010 11:16 am

Yay, I am being quoted! Thanks a lot! :)

Perpetual Pig Slave

Post   » Wed May 05, 2010 8:13 pm

sorry lynx.. didn't mean to nag or anything.

I do see the link. This is all good. I like the data being on the site where it is easy to find. Keep up the good work.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed May 05, 2010 8:52 pm

No, it's good to bring it back up. Sometimes it is late at night and I am dead tired or can't do it for some other reason. Reminders are fine.