Snickerspants Productions

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu May 06, 2010 3:52 pm

here's my confession. I kind of hate cooking... even for the boys. Also, i like to sleep. So I pre-prepare their breakfasts so I can just throw it in the cage on my way out the door in the morning. Lettuce doesn't work well for that (it gets soggy), so I have been using chunky stuff -- peppers (yellow or red preferably), cucumbers, etc. If it's a small cucumber I give them each half; bigger cucumbers get cut into quarters. There's NEVER cucumber left over when I get home.

No runny poos ever. And I can't tell you much about Snickers's drinking habits -- I've seen him drink, but not very often. Charlie of course likes to drink two sips after every two bites of pellets. I have caught him substituting with cucumber on days when he still has some -- two bites of kibble, two bites of cucumber, repeat. :)

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Thu May 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Awww, Alden, I hope to meet them one day.

When I feel like it, I wash everything and bag it for the fridge, other times I just wash as I go. I got off track for a while and was only giving them veggies at night, but now I try to do breakfast and dinner. I know they won't over eat in one sitting, but I still feel better about giving them veggies twice a day. I understand that some people are fine with only once a day though.

Yesterday they didn't get breakfast, they got dinner and then a midnight snack.

Anyway, more pictures please!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu May 06, 2010 4:12 pm

I wish I could. I'm working a double shift today... just started my second one. Tomorrow too! so all i've got is the pigcam. :(

TexCavy

Post   » Thu May 06, 2010 6:46 pm

Cute pig pics Alden, and Libby did a nice job decorating.

moonfall

Post   » Thu May 06, 2010 10:32 pm

Mildred, that pic of Wilma wrapped up in the cabbage leaves would make an adorable cake!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 9:40 am

Friday Pictures: The "I haven't had enough sleep" edition

Night Of The Living Dead Lettuce

Double Stink-Eye

Equitable distribution of resources?

Sidera17

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 10:38 am

C'mere Chocobutt........ C'mere!

lilbitorange

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 12:24 pm

haha that picture with your dog is so funny :) such an innocent expression! Love your pig pics to!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 1:00 pm

I know the PigCam pictures are hard to decipher, but here's one of something weird I've noticed going on this week.

In this particular occurrence, Snickers is asleep in the upstairs-right cuddle cup. Charlie is in the downstairs litter box, doing the weird thing. Yesterday he did this for about half an hour. He stood up on his hind legs, front paws on the rim of the litter box, and looked like he was listening to/for something intently.

Is he receiving a transmission from the mothership? Is the dog wandering around the room? But if the latter, wouldn't Charlie be looking in her direction as well as just listening intently? He only seems to be staring straight ahead...

In other good news, today I ordered the expansion kit to turn my cage into a double 2x4 on wheels. I hadn't QUITE saved up for it but with Snickers's increasing mass I really think it will be useful. Unless, as my husband fears, boars are like goldfish and they grow to the capacity of the container you keep them in!

BeanieBaby11

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 1:15 pm

The mothership thing made me laugh so hard! Thanks Alden, for making me laugh when I have a horrible sinus infection :-)

I'm sure they'll really enjoy the double 2x4! Where do you get the "expansion kit" from?

Tuggell

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm curious just how much pigs do rely on their sight. Mine don't seem to see too amaziongly well. And with their eyes kinda being on the sides of their heads, I think that just because the nose is pointed one direction doesn't mean they care what's over there. So maybe Charlie is looking at the dog?

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Can you hear with your webcam too? Or is it visual only? Can you see if he's moving at all? He could be chirping. When I've seen pigs chirp, they stand stark still and seem to be in a trance.