Wheekly Tales from the Timothy Bin Vol 6

Starryeyed

Post   » Sat May 22, 2010 11:25 am

Loving Mojo's hair, give all yours pigs kisses from me!

rpaws

Post   » Sat May 22, 2010 4:02 pm

cutemomomi,
Great photo shoot.

I know about things when cold medicine (cough syrup) is involved. Once, under the influence of Nyquil I watched a whole "Gamara" marathon. I think Emma McChompChomp would be a formidable Gamara opponent.

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sun May 23, 2010 2:17 pm

How can something so cute be so vicious? To lull you in so that they can get a better bite out of you.

I have a candle lit. Meimei is remembered.

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Mon May 24, 2010 2:52 am

Momo, I'm getting to this thread a tad late.. but oh, how I love it!!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon May 24, 2010 12:48 pm

I hope everyone had a great weekend, I am still semi-recovering from our hike and food coma. :)
Thank you to so many of you who dropped us a note letting us know you too were thinking of our Meimei, it really meant a lot to this proud mom.
And thank you for all the candles lit, I hope unlike Ben, nobody burned their thumb!
I so miss hearing myself screaming at the cage.. "No, Meimei, bad bad! Lee Meimei, I said no!"
Ahh,... the good old days.
And of course, now I spend the same amount of energy screaming at Tamago and McChompChomp!
McChompChomp has now taken up a new hobby - dumspter diving.
It is not that I mind she eats left over hay and pee covered pellets, it is just that whenever she jumps in, she always does it in an angle that topples the litter bin over, which mean you have to start sweeping ALL OVER AGAIN!
*sigh*

We went down to our local Japanese market yesterday, and we bought a piece of *real* wasabi, not your powder or paste that comes in a tube, but the real thing!
Give it a try if you ever gets a chance, it has such a delicate and less pungent flavor than the wasabi-wannabe that comes in the tube! :p

I have a general question about ovarian issues in girl guinea pigs.
Is there an average age for hormonal and cysts issues? Or are all unaltered girls, young and old are vulnerable?
*I so no want to start a medical thread*
*no medical thread dance*

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon May 24, 2010 1:34 pm

In my experience, young and old girls can have reproductive issues.

Cocoa was still fairly young when we found out that she had huge ovarian cysts and pyometra. My vet believes that almost all females are at risk if unaltered.

I'm thinking good thoughts for the girls!

TexCavy

Post   » Mon May 24, 2010 7:12 pm

wasabi!

Not making fun - just hoping to bring smiles. :)

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon May 24, 2010 7:41 pm

Was'aaabi! :)
The real thing tasted so different from the wasabi-wannabe's that I am so accustomed to, it was such a pleasant surprise.
That teeny weeny stalk cost me $3...

Now saving up for a spay, we so broke we can no longer afford toys for our girls.

Thanks for the info CS8...
I am now considering of getting the spay without the diagnostic imaginings to save me that $300.
I am still calling around for quotes and reviews...
I have never prayed for mites this hard in my life.
*may it be mites, may it be mites*

We are also redoing our cages this coming long weekend.
Anyone got some connectors to spare?

TexCavy

Post   » Mon May 24, 2010 7:45 pm

Oh gosh, good luck for the spay. I always worry until the day or so after surgery when everything turns out ok. Once upon a time it didn't for us. So I am starting the positive vibe sending for y'all now.

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Mon May 24, 2010 8:02 pm

Momo I have tons, but I don't think I could mail them in time, you know how Canadian and USA customs are. You might have it pass in a day or 2 weeks. I hope someone close by can help yah out. Any hints to what you plan on doing? Oh the pictures are perfect, I'll be working on the site tonight or tomorrow. Wish there was some way to repay you for all your time and help.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon May 24, 2010 8:10 pm

Don't worry about it Eschimpf, you just take things easy for now okay. :)
I am now harassing our local members for connectors, I am sure someone will come to our rescue. :p

There is something huge you could do for us, send us ninja vibes that the 2 spots of hairloss along Tamago's
buttocks is from mites and not ovarian issues! :p
*mites dance*

We are trying to think of a space efficient way to create a play area for McChompChomp.
She has been so bored that Armando has a detached ear...
*cough*

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Mon May 24, 2010 9:38 pm

Momo,
pregnant me dancing the mites dance.

OH no not Armando!!! Poor guy. Can't wait to see what you come up with.